Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#30583 - 10/11/06 12:19 PM Re: Could we get an update?
bobthepome Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Phoenix AZ USA
Just received an email from Outlaw indicating that the RR2150 shipment has been received, and they'll debit my credit card next Monday (last chance to cancel!). Shipments will occur in order over the next 3 weeks. Yippeeee

#30584 - 10/11/06 01:30 PM Re: Could we get an update?
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
Yep, me too. Last chance to cancel is Friday and they will start debiting CC's on Monday. They estimate approx. 3 weeks to get through the back orders. Looks like you have until mid-November before the price increase.

#30585 - 10/12/06 09:42 PM Re: Could we get an update?
Sweet Spot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY
If that 3 weeks is somewhat accurate, I'm in good shape. The time estimate I was given by my wife for when the Outlaw credit card will be arriving is next wednesday/thursday, since it takes a lousy 7 business days for it to arrive and she ordered it on Monday.

I wonder though, if I called Outlaw, would I be able to order my receiver, even though the credit card technically belongs to my wife. If a rep or someone in the know is reading this, what info would I need in order to utilize the card, even though it hasn't arrived yet ? Would her drivers license info or whatever info she gave on the phone, be sufficeint ?

Doug

#30586 - 10/12/06 10:18 PM Re: Could we get an update?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The card announcement that Scott posted indicates that if they have a copy of the app and a driver's license, they can process an order as soon as the application is approved - which means it could be done tomorrow. It's always possible that the credit card company would require that your wife actually call in and say "OK" the sales department, but it appears to be doable and I'm sure that you and a sales person could get the order lined up first.

#30587 - 10/19/06 08:41 AM Re: Could we get an update?
john r Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Chicago
Just an update to the update. I ordered a RR2150 back in late June, and given the recent announcement, I expected to receive a shipment notification earlier this week. However, I haven't heard a peep from the Outlaws.

I sure hope there weren't more delays. Anyone else get their unit yet?

#30588 - 10/19/06 10:44 AM Re: Could we get an update?
garthr Offline
Gunslinger

Nothing here either,other than the same email I assume everyone who has an existing order received from Outlaw on the Oct. 10th . I would have thought someone would have received theirs by now.

Hurry up ....... and wait ! smile

#30589 - 10/19/06 11:04 AM Re: Could we get an update?
Sweet Spot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY
Well, I don't know if this is anything to go by but, when my wife was on the phone with one of the guys, he said that it would be at least 2 weeks until my unit shipped. Now, that either means that everyone who was priority will actually get theirs in a week or two, or that it means pretty much nothing, since "at least 2 weeks" or translated as "no less than 2 weeks", means that it will definitely take 2 weeks or ANY time over that.

My wife was under the impression that it would actually ship in 2 weeks, though I'm not going to hold my breath.

Doug

#30590 - 10/19/06 03:40 PM Re: Could we get an update?
garthr Offline
Gunslinger

I think it pretty much means nothing smile I was originally told 1-1/2 to 2 weeks , then another week, now within 3 weeks from Oct. 10.

It seems the more we inquire as to when, the more confusing it becomes. I know they're doing their best with the situation, so all we can is wait for the delivery at our door. It may be Halloween ...... or we may be having turkey ..... no one knows smile

#30591 - 10/20/06 02:42 AM Re: Could we get an update?
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Well, I'd suggest that Outlaw's way of handling this is pure Pavlov. There's been a fair amount of grumbling for close to a month now, and in hindsight that Oct. 10 e-mail seems rather perfectly timed to delay some of the anxiety, which it did until this week. Now, we're all just salivating, with nothing in sight except…Thanksgiving turkey?

If John R pre-ordered back in June and hasn't heard anything, well, those of us who, like me, ordered at some point between late August and now are in for a bit of a wait—especially if we're to believe Outlaw's line about the overwhelming demand. (But should we believe it?) All I know is that I'd appreciate a straight answer a lot more than what seems like endless stalling. Outlaw is currently trading on the cool connotations of the company name, but we all know that beyond the world of marketing there is sometimes a not-so-cool side to "outlaws," too. (Not exactly straight shooters, if you know what I mean.) If I wasn't absolutely thrilled with the performance of the interconnects I acquired a little while ago, I'm not sure what I'd be feeling right now.

#30592 - 10/20/06 09:52 AM Re: Could we get an update?
Scott Offline
Desperado

tru blu,

Shipments started on Monday as outlined in the October 10th email. As we indicated, it will take us approximately three weeks to fill all of the reservation orders. John R reserved a unit in June. We are presently filling orders from the beginning of May. While many are anxious, we are keeping to our announced plan. Please be patient.

Best,

Scott

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM