Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#29827 - 05/14/04 08:35 AM I'm still waiting...
Frank Z Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Colorado
For Outlaw to start asking for Beta Testers!

Come on folks, how about letting us know what's going on with the RR2150!

------------------
My HT v4.0

#29828 - 05/14/04 09:22 AM Re: I'm still waiting...
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I think they may be directly contacting beta tester candidates rather than asking for applicants. Either way, I suspect we'll see or hear something new from the HE show that's a week or so away.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#29829 - 05/14/04 11:28 AM Re: I'm still waiting...
Mike M Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

You know they must be busy as they haven't updated their "Latest News" since February.

Mike

#29830 - 05/24/04 12:23 AM Re: I'm still waiting...
Frank Z Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Colorado
Well now that I've seen the pic's from HE2004 i'm really excited about getting a Beta unit!! (Small Hint for the Head Outlaw!!)

------------------
My HT v4.0

#29831 - 05/25/04 07:05 PM Re: I'm still waiting...
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New London, WI, USA
And me sitting here with an unattached SVS sub and Axiom M80 Speakers just lying around!

#29832 - 06/07/04 12:01 PM Re: I'm still waiting...
szellner Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: New York, NY, USA
I saw the RR 2150 at the Home Entertainment Show a few weeks ago. I had been meaning to drop a line to describe it, but events had prevented me from doing so until now.

The receiver was not hooked up for sound, but I could inspect it. It is a beautifully constructed piece of equipment. It has a simple, straight-forward aluminum facia, and the back panel is SOLID (I was able to peek behind it). As per styling, it is inspired by the Art Deco styles of the 1930's. While Arti Deco is not my favorite design style, I could easily live with it.

Management noted that the unit would be for sale by the end of the year, and that it would be priced at either less than $500 or less than $600 (I forgot exactly what they quoted - I think the latter is accurate).

Outlaw also introduced an exquisite 7-channel receiver. It was displayed next to the RR 2150, but unlike its 2-channel counterpart, it was placed on a turntable so that we could easily rotate the unit to inspect the back panel.

Again, it is beautifully constructed. In my mind's eye, I compared it to similarly priced/featured receivers from Sony, Yamaha, Denon, etc. It seemed to me that the Outlaw unit is far more solidly built than its competition.

Styling for this unit is markedly different from the RR 2150. It is thoroughly modern, with (I seem to recall) a sleek black facia. I greatly prefer this look to that of the RR 2150.

According to management, this unit will provide 65 watts per channel, all 7 channels driven, and will cost less than $1,000. It should also be available by the end of the year.

I hope this can be of some help to readers.

------------------
SteveZ

#29833 - 06/07/04 02:05 PM Re: I'm still waiting...
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Hey Steve, Thanks and welcome to the forum. Although your input is appreciated, you are just a bit late to the party. Here is a discussion with pictures about the products you are talking about. http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000443-2.html

[This message has been edited by Jed M (edited June 07, 2004).]

#29834 - 06/07/04 03:16 PM Re: I'm still waiting...
szellner Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: New York, NY, USA
Thanks for the welcome.

I guess I am a bit late to the party. Oh well, one can't have everything.

Other than a rare posting on a photography site, I usually do not participate in these sorts of forums. In this case, however, I felt the need to do so, in that I was most impressed with the quality of sound/music that I heard at the Outlaw demonstration, and I wanted to sing this company's praises.
The only way I could do so was to talk about these new products.

From what I have seen and, more importantly, heard, Outlaw's products truly represent a value to the user. I cannot say that about too many products or services.

To Outlaw - thank you for exhibiting at the Show! I would not have known how good your products are with the demonstrations (I am hesitant to purchase blind, even with money back guarantees).

Well, I am late to the party, but as the old saying goes, "better late than never."

#29835 - 08/12/04 05:03 AM Re: I'm still waiting...
odoa2 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Anchorage, AK
Hi folks, new poster (child) here. I have been on the fence about this new product for sometime now. I was going to buy a 1050, but alas the production ended and my home theater halted due to a new house. Oh well, good things will come....

As for now, I am investing in my living room which houses 2 nice BA Speakers and a velo 10. I have bought and returned several A/V receivers ranging from KLH to Onkyo with dissapointments in quality and sound from each. I am basically holding my carkeys in my hand ready to finally just buy the Marantz I have eyed forever, but the 1050 still haunts. All I really need is a 2 channel with sub out. The 2150 will do that, but is it worth waiting for since I have not ever used/heard outlaw before; and is it worth the $200 over the $400 marantz that will also suit for my HT when the time comes? $600 for a stereo reciever seems to answer that question way to quickly. Give me a reason why I should just continue to save?

#29836 - 08/12/04 03:25 PM Re: I'm still waiting...
73Bruin Offline
Desperado

Loc: Torrance, CA USA
Before I (or perhaps we) can help, it might be useful, if you stated both your short and long term goals with respect to HT in your living room. For example, is a 2 channel system with sub intended to be the end point or just a stopping point on the way (perhaps a couple of years away on the way to a 5.1 system)?

If your primary objective is to maximize the HT experience, I strongly recommend that you not stop at a 2.1 type system. I have found that each increment of adding additional speakers (and processing technology) has added substantially to the overall experience. As background, I started out in the early 80's running a Sony Betamax 2700 stereo vcr through my system. I then added equipment to decode the early tv stereo broadcasts and feed it into my all separates audio system. I have been listening to all of my TV/video in HT mode ever since.

FWIW, you may want to look at getting a used 1050. I would recommend it for everything but Dolby 5.1 at which point I would suggest getting a sixth speaker and using its 6.1 capability.
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts