Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#29434 - 02/26/05 12:49 PM Friend that needs help
Tom L Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Asheville, NC
Can someone help? I read this over at Axiom Audio. This guy seems to be getting the run around.
http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showfla...sb=5&o=0&fpart=

Thanks

#29435 - 03/02/05 03:18 PM Re: Friend that needs help
Mike S Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

"During this whole mess, did Outlaw ever offer to send a replacement 770 to see if your problem was a defective unit?"

You were alot more patient than I would have been. The problem was the 770...I would have returned it and ordered a new one! Can't believe Outlaw didn't suggest this? This is exactly what the 30Day "satisfaction" guarantee is for!

#29436 - 03/02/05 03:39 PM Re: Friend that needs help
Mike S Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I did not post my expierance with the 950/770 to say that Outlaw products are not good, rather that I was disappointed in the CS about this issue. The Outlaws arrived here on 01/07 and I felt after about the third call, a replacement should have been sent, no questions asked, not to expect the customer to play trouble shooter for weeks, and then to start knocking my M80's, that was a bad mistake. Since posting this here, I have had two other reports of the same issue, and as for posting on the Outlaw forum, as I stated earlier, there were a few posts about heat issues on the 770, and the one from last April, which as of Feb, had not been resolved, and there was no reason to post there and start a war. ;-) In my older age, I just don't have the patience that I use to have, and as well as I like the performance/quality of the 770, with the reluctance to just send a new 770, I gave up. Off in a few hours to audition B&K, and see what I think. BBQ party weather is here, have one next weekend, so need to make a decision and get some power soon. LOL

Is this an exception to Outlaws great customer service....should not they have immediately replaced the unit and not made the customer become a "tech" trouble-shooter.

#29437 - 03/02/05 04:04 PM Re: Friend that needs help
Scott Offline
Desperado

Unfortunately, there's almost always more to a story than what can be realized when reading through a person's posts. Please understand that it would be unreasonable and unwise to simply swap a unit out every time someone complained of an issue without properly pursuing likely causes. The reality with electronics is that there are many variables and factors that can be the culprit in a particular issue. That said, we are able to remedy more than 95% of our technical calls without having to swap a product out. This means that an hour or two of actual troubleshooting, often saves the customer days and weeks of aggravation only to find that the new product is experiencing the same issue. Look around here at our customer service record, I am confident you will see that it speaks for itself.

As for this specific instance, we are looking at the chain of events to ensure that the best decisions were made at each step along the way. While it may be too late to resolve this issue for this gentleman, we will certainly use these events as a means to examine our troubleshooting procedures and overall customer service model so that we may continue to improve and provide the absolute best customer service in the industry.

#29438 - 03/09/05 02:46 PM Re: Friend that needs help
audvid Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fairview, TX
I read through the thread at Axiom and I can understand his frustration.

But the thing I found most interesting was his comment concerning performance. He said in his post "I do want to make it clear that I was very impessed with the 950/770 combo"

He then replaced the 950/770 system with a Parasound Halo system that costs at least 5 times as much as the Outlaw system. To me, that's quite a statement to the performance of the Outlaw equipment.

#29439 - 03/09/05 09:22 PM Re: Friend that needs help
Bob045 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Very curious indeed. And not to state the obvious, but the guy did indeed do everything I would think of. However, I did see a 400+ wattage usage on that post, so maybe the rear channel for example was being overdriven?

Scott,
As you say the complete story is not always in a post. Would it be possible for you to post in this thread of what the problem was with the 770 he returned ( if even one exists?) I would be curious to know if you guys did find one.

Just my $0.01 worth ( used to be $0.02, but the dollar sank again...)

#29440 - 11/09/05 05:57 PM Re: Friend that needs help
BruceH Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob045:

Scott,
As you say the complete story is not always in a post. Would it be possible for you to post in this thread of what the problem was with the 770 he returned ( if even one exists?) I would be curious to know if you guys did find one.
Was there any follow-up to this story? I would have to imagine that they would ahve trouble shot this amplifier by now.

As the original user stated:
Quote:
...I was not upset, or have bad feelings about Outlaw products, I think I just get a defective 770, which can happen with any barnd, I have had it before, no big deal. He agreed to my retning them, and aked for a week or two for them to find the problem and contact me.
I certainly would not be scared away from a defective amp and having to pay for shipping for a replacement (though I'd hear it from the wife).

Was the amp defective?
Was it a problem with the 950's signal to the amp?

Bruce

#29441 - 11/09/05 08:05 PM Re: Friend that needs help
Scott Offline
Desperado

We were unable to reproduce any issues with this unit. It was sold shortly thereafter as a B-stock and no problems were ever reported.

Scott

#29442 - 11/10/05 09:49 AM Re: Friend that needs help
BruceH Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
We were unable to reproduce any issues with this unit. It was sold shortly thereafter as a B-stock and no problems were ever reported.

Scott
I am really curious if the impedance of an Axiom driver, while not faulty, may have been dropping under use and causing the thermal overload.

The original user went to Parasound Halos which supposedly work with no problems. Is the thermal overload on the Outlaw amp set "more sensitive" for low impedance drivers? His Axiom M80s are 4 ohm speakers. If the impedance dropped to 3 or even 2 ohms at loud listening levels, would this be the cause?

Bruce

#29443 - 11/10/05 10:35 AM Re: Friend that needs help
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
There are enough low impedance speakers hooked up to Outlaw amps (including a number of Axiom users, Polk users, and others) that I would doubt a design trait of the amps could be the root cause.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 156 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts