Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#29413 - 09/17/04 02:10 AM Need big help with shiping cost to Canada
lac Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: calgary
I'm now committed myself to go right ahead and buy Outlaw 770 7 channels

I'm in Calgary, Alberta Canada. I don't know If anyone on this message board did buy any product from Outlaw and ship to Canada.

I phone Canada customs and they told me that I don't pay duty for product made in the USA. with one condition that Outlaw needed to provide to them a (North American Free Trade Agreement) Certificate of Origin.

I contacted Outlaw and they told me that they can't provide to me that Certificate.

I'm really interesting to buy Outlaw amplifier, but it worried me that Canada customs will charge me a fortune.

I would like to ask anyone who has done this in the pass can share with me!!!

Thank you for your help in advance!!!!
Lac

#29414 - 09/17/04 02:46 PM Re: Need big help with shiping cost to Canada
Dannic Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Edmonton,Alberta, Canada
I just recently purchased the 950/770/LFM-1 combo and let me tell you-do not hesitate for one moment. The difference in sound between this combo and my Marantz receiver is like night and day. As well I can't believe how well the LFM-1 kicks out the bass-very clean too-no boominess or muddy sound.
I live in Edmonton and was concerned about the brokerage by UPS as well. As far as I can tell, I was not charged duty on my 950 and PCM interconnects but the brokerage fees does cost($100 Can for both). I have not received my UPS invoice for the 770 and LFM-1 yet so I can let you know.
The problem is that Outlaw will not ship via air to Canada-ground only. The port of entry via ground is Vancouver or Winnipeg(obviously too far to drive for us Albertans!)You can do the brokerage service yourself if you can get to the port of entry.
If they shipped by air, the port of entry is Calgary-perfect for you and OK for me.
The only other way to do it is to have it shipped to a post office or hotel in Billings, Montana(closest major US centre for us) and have them call you for pick-up and then pay the GST etc at the border. When I talked to a hotel in Billings, they would do it but would charge me one night's stay($100 Can) so it make no sense for me once I factor in gas and time. The post office was not crazy about it either(you would have to call them)
The way I justified it is that I picked up all 3 pieces for way,less money(duty, brokerage incl) than what I would have to pay to get something comparable to the Outlaw Gear. I couldn't be happier with my purchase! Thanks Outlaw.

Onix Rockets 850 Mains
RSC 200 Centre
RS 300 Surrounds
RK 250 Rears

Marantz DV 9500 DVD
Panasonic BD-55 Blu Ray Player
JVC RS 20 Projector
106" DaLite HP Screen

Outlaw Interconnects
Blue Jeans Cables

#29415 - 09/17/04 03:29 PM Re: Need big help with shiping cost to Canada
Dannic Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Edmonton,Alberta, Canada
Hello Lac

Just received my UPS invoice for the 770 just after I posted my first reply above. There was no duty charged and the brokerage fee was $68.60 Can.
Hope that helps.

Regards,

Onix Rockets 850 Mains
RSC 200 Centre
RS 300 Surrounds
RK 250 Rears

Marantz DV 9500 DVD
Panasonic BD-55 Blu Ray Player
JVC RS 20 Projector
106" DaLite HP Screen

Outlaw Interconnects
Blue Jeans Cables

#29416 - 09/17/04 04:46 PM Re: Need big help with shiping cost to Canada
lac Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: calgary
Hi Dannic,

Thank you for your info, its answere my question, also it made me feel more confident to buy it.
Please post your thourght after you enjoy with outlaw's product with us.

I did order the B stock for 770, but they don't have it in yet, so I guest I have to wait for it, its work well for me, It saved me 300+ USD.

anyone know the different bewteen the b stock and the new product???

Thanks again,

#29417 - 10/07/04 12:02 AM Re: Need big help with shiping cost to Canada
jeffdavis Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Columbia, SC
lac,

I believe that the b-stock is an item that has been returned to Outlaw for a number of various reasons, either needed fixed and was swapped out, somebody did the 30-day in home trial and decided not to keep it, etc. I had ordered a 950 b-stock/new 770 combo and was told that they had just gotten some 950 b-stock items in, but needed to test these before they could send them out, so I had a small delay getting my items. When I received my 950-b I checked it out thoroughly and it looks and works like a new product. I wouldn't be too nervous about purchasing a used item from Outlaw, based on all of the remarks here in the various forums.

There is at least one forum in the "Outlaw to Outlaw" section where B-stock is specifically discussed. Here is the link: http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000481.html

Enjoy your new toy.

Jeff
LR: ARC Reference 1 | Emotiva XPR-2 | Music Hall MMF2.2 | Oppo BDP-83SE | Polk XRt12 XM Receiver | Emotiva XDA-1 DAC | Sony HAP-S1 (digital audio player) | Sansui TU-217 Tuner | Magnepan 3.6R w/Mye-Stands | SVS SB-16 sub | BA VR-M90s | Audio Quest 72db speaker cable
Office: Drobo 5N running as PLEX media server
Closet: too many pieces to put all into place, I need more rooms smile

Who's Online
0 registered (), 129 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts