Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#29354 - 06/22/04 11:18 PM Re: Disappointed
arica9 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bethel, CT, USA
I have to say after reading all this, that it is clear, to me anyway, that there are lots of possible ways to purchase an amp (as well as everything else...).
You have to figure out which way works best for you and live with the decision, don't you? I'm a bit surprised that for some people here, that after making their decison to buy Outlaw, they now look to find all sorts of fault with the way Outlaw chooses to do business and also the equipment. And all this it seems in order to feel better about being annoyed.

All the details of purchase and ownership are spelled out very clearly. I wonder if anyone has gone to task with Outlaw over any of these details BEFORE they bought? I mean, I guess you can disagree about the way a company does business but then why do business with them after that? As far as I'm concerned Outlaw gets to make the rules that work for their business model. I get to decide if that works for me or not.

No one herein has ever to my knowledge said there was no better equipment out there. I marvel at stuff (especially interconnects)that costs more than my car all the time. If that's your thing and you want to buy it from a guy who'll install it and babysit it and loan you another if it needs repairs, then go for it. But why blame Outlaw for having a faulty business model and subsequently faulty equipment.

Every purchase comes with the stuff I buy and the conditions I buy it under. Come on...we all know that's the deal. Don't we?
I just sent my computer back for repairs under warranty at my expense. That's the deal with many many vendors nowadays.

Bottom line for me: it's audio boys and girls....it's audio. Find something that gives you pleasure not creates more difficulty.

#29355 - 02/14/05 12:19 AM Re: Disappointed
Bandit Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: New Orleans, LA
Before you buy a new car what's one of the first things you do...go online to check the repair record compared to other products of interest. Well you can't do that with electronic equipment, but a clear cut warrenty is worth more than fudged figures? Outlaw is providing labor, and parts for free, for 5 years. I'd be tickled to know I can rely on the company to back up there product.

Amp insurance, or a maintanence aggreement, they both cost, and suppose you don't even need them, I'm sure they cost more than the shipping.

A lot of companies ask if you want their extended warrenty, I say "if you built it right, I shouldn't need it", well all I can say is "S..t happens!!

The real Bandit is my lovable 70lb lab/rot...

#29356 - 02/15/05 12:03 AM Re: Disappointed
ScottH Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY, USA
The brick and mortar store isn’t going to reimburse you for your gas and mileage to return an amp to them for service. With a mail-order purchase isn’t shipping equivalent to this?

I bought a digital SLR, and only had it for a month before I had to ship it to the manufacturer (not the retailer) at my expense for them to keep it “hostage” for over a month to replace the entire flash unit as the part was out of stock. If I felt like going to Melville, NY I could have saved on the shipping. Unfortunately, the poor customer service was not avoidable, and is becoming more and more common.

The day I noticed that the bottom plate separated from the chassis of one of my M200s, Steve offered to repair or swap it out for me. Since I have the M200’s, I was able to take just my 6th and 7th channels off-line while the amp was out of my system, and because it’s only 23lbs, it only cost me $7.50 to ship it to Outlaw for service. Although it would be nice if you didn’t have to pay shipping for warranty repair, it’s not normal business practice. Most importantly, I think almost everyone who’s posted in this forum has found Outlaw’s customer service to be nothing short of exemplary, myself included.

#29357 - 03/30/05 09:41 AM Re: Disappointed
sbcgroup1 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottH:
If I felt like going to Melville, NY I could have saved on the shipping. Unfortunately, the poor customer service was not avoidable, and is becoming more and more common.
Which Nikon did you buy:)? The D70 or D100? I'm currently eyeing one of those Canon 20D's. I have a Coolpix 990 I paid about $1200 for back in the day when they were newly released (lol). When the warranty was shot and my battery compartment closure wasn't closing anymore, I just mailed it into an authorized place in NYC (live in OC, NY). Nikon plain out sucks. When I got a new Mac (OSX Panther) and needed upgraded software, they were telling me I had a non-US model and I couldn't get it thru them. The way around this is to go thru Nikon Europe's site. All the software is available for free thru there. F*Nikon!

#29358 - 03/30/05 12:19 PM Re: Disappointed
sbcgroup1 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY
Quote:
Originally posted by mm2m:
I'll go into one of the local high-end dealers for someone like Bryston or Meridian and have them put a unit in. That way if anything goes wrong, they'll provide me with a loaner while they ship the broken one back. That means also that I don't have to muscle the amp out.
Uhhh...let's see if I got this right... You're going to buy much higher end gear just because you don't want to pay a few bucks in shipping costs? Well, maybe if

1. You want better gear
2. The Outlaws constantly crap out

As far as doing business with your local hi-fi dealer, they are all total rip offs and scam artists in my findings. I found a hi-end guy online that has much better prices, equipment, and service than those snobby local guys.

-Ed

#29359 - 03/31/05 12:42 AM Re: Disappointed
Alejate Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Albany, NY
Does everyone know that the original post was almost a year ago? Not sure if JFro even visits this site anymore. With electronics I find that if you are going to have a problem it usually raises its ugly head 6 months to a year after the purchase. JFro's amp begins to fail 6 months after his purchase. I have had my 770 for two years now and so far, (knock on wood), I have not had any problems. For what I saved on the purchase of the 770, I would expect to pay to return it for repairs and still be ahead. Not sure what his logic was. Maybe he was just frustrated and was venting, no one likes to disconnect a piece of equipment, box it up and ship it out. I would be interested to know who has had their 770 the longest without any repairs.

#29360 - 03/31/05 11:28 AM Re: Disappointed
Oil Can Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shelbyville, KY, USA
confused Why are we still beating what should be a dead horse? :rolleyes:

#29361 - 03/31/05 04:54 PM Re: Disappointed
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
not a whole lot of interest being posted lately, so i guess people feel the need to rehash old topics.

#29362 - 05/13/05 09:08 AM Re: Disappointed
jester7677 Offline
Gunslinger

Good lord, it's $54.

#29363 - 05/13/05 09:57 AM Re: Disappointed
ScottH Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY, USA
sbcgroup1,

It's a D70. They did fix it, and I did use it to take pictures of the 990 at the HE show.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM