I had a hum problem when I upgraded to an Outlaw 950/770. As soon as I turned the system on, a very noticeable hum appeared out of all speakers. This was an unpleasant surprise (though the hum seemed to disappear when I played anything). The 770 manual had a whole section on hums and the first suggestion was to check the cable TV connection and sure enough this was the problem. A call to Outlaw tech help was very useful and led me to the solution.

If the hum is a result of your cable TV connection do an internet search on "ground loop isolator." I did and one of the quick and easy solutions was to place two transformers in the cable TV line from where it comes into your house but before it hits your cable box. These transformers (which are very cheap) convert 75 ohms to 300 (a small cylinder with a male 75 ohm connector on one end and 2 wires coming out the other) and 300 ohms to 75 ohms (a square piece that has a place to attach two wires and a female 75 ohm connector). These connectors are routinely used to attached coaxial wiring to antennas.I had these "transformers" around the house and it worked. No more hum. I should mention that according to the literature I read there could be a problem if cable goes to HD with a wider band width and so a more permanent solution (io.e. wiring the cable box ground to the house's electrical system ground) may be necessary.

I hope the above helps anyone out there solve this fairly common problem-it certainly solved mine.

John