#29053 - 03/11/03 10:12 PM Re: Wow!
Unferth Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Homewood, AL, US
Quote:
Originally posted by D'Arbignal:
How responsive are they?

Jeff

Actually just the initial "bump" of turning the 950 on turns them on.... and I've only ever had them turn off while I was watching a show in DPL-II with only mono the volume was somewhere around -50 (not really watching) I looked up when I heard them click after about 10 minutes....

[This message has been edited by Unferth (edited March 11, 2003).]

#29054 - 03/12/03 01:32 PM Re: Wow!
D'Arbignal Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Unferth:
Actually just the initial "bump" of turning the 950 on turns them on.... and I've only ever had them turn off while I was watching a show in DPL-II with only mono the volume was somewhere around -50 (not really watching) I looked up when I heard them click after about 10 minutes....

Hmmm. I think I'd be happier with my system the way it works. I like how everything turns on and off with my pre-amp: neat and clean, and always on when I need it; never on, when I don't.

But am I missing some advantage here? I can't see any particular advantage to that way (except ease of setup) over what I'm doing. Is there one?

Jeff

#29055 - 03/12/03 02:07 PM Re: Wow!
Unferth Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Homewood, AL, US
Quote:
Originally posted by D'Arbignal:
Hmmm. I think I'd be happier with my system the way it works. I like how everything turns on and off with my pre-amp: neat and clean, and always on when I need it; never on, when I don't.

But am I missing some advantage here? I can't see any particular advantage to that way (except ease of setup) over what I'm doing. Is there one?

Jeff

I think I'm going to make 2 longer trigger plugs for my 200's... I also like the on when I want it thing also....

According to the manuals, the 200's trigger requires 4ma and the 755 requires possibly 7ma or something.... the 950 supplies up to 50ma so even with all of them connected, that's only 15ma so I think I should be fine....

In your case with possibly 7 200's that should be safe also only 28ma....

[This message has been edited by Unferth (edited March 12, 2003).]

#29056 - 03/13/03 10:28 AM Re: Wow!
BeginnersLuck Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Sacramento, CA
The music on feature for the M-200's is nice because when I listen to stereo music, the rest of my M-200's go into stand-by. I have timed the auto shut-off and it seems to be around the 15 minute mark. The only downfall I see is when I am watching TV (in pro-logic) and the source program has a poorly recorded or mono track, the left and right channels will shut-down. Then when a commercial comes on, the amps fire back up! However, this is not the fault of the equipment, just rhe programming material. To fix this issue I just trigger the fronts, because I always use those, and set the other M-200 to use the music detect function!

Just food for thought,
-BL

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 209 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts