Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#28651 - 01/26/08 05:15 PM audio out to TV
tntarheel Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tennessee Hills
Hi all, I must be blind but ...

Within the 950, I want to get the audio signal from my DVD to the TV audio input (rca) as well as (or more precisely, when I want low, tv only volume) to the amp/speakers. VCR audio is carried to TV from the 950 "tape out". When switched to DVD the audio doesn't go to TV and is amp/speaker only.

DVD video is carried to tv via s-video monitor out. How can I get the dvd audio (i;m using coax digital input to 950) to send to the tape out or other 950 output to feed the TV input ? Thanks so much for such a basic question.

#28652 - 01/26/08 10:00 PM Re: audio out to TV
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The tape output does not work with digital audio inputs, and the DVD player is connected to the 950 with a digital audio cable. For that output to work, you would need to have a stereo analog connection from the DVD player to the 950.

As a general rule, I recommend against trying to use the TV's speakers - it is much easier to just use the 950 all the time. If you really must be able to do this, you might consider using the second zone (allowing you to only turn it on when you need to and to control the volume), which will also require the stereo analog connection from player to 950.

#28653 - 01/27/08 04:15 AM Re: audio out to TV
tntarheel Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tennessee Hills
man- thanks so much! The analog connection did the trick. I rarely listen w/TV speakers only, but the room is just too close to the kid's rooms for the occasional late night "explosion" or "dinosaur stomp". ;-)

Who's Online
0 registered (), 179 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts