Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#28137 - 05/08/05 06:26 PM Remote Control
SPEAKRNUTT Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: WARNER ROBINS, GA.
I have recently purchased a used 950 and I can already tell that I am going to love this unit as soon as I learn about it. One thing that I am having trouble with is the remote. It works great in most cases but I am having a problem with the volume control not responding. I would appreciate anyone with a suggestion on what I may be doing wrong. I am assuming that a new remote is avaliable from outlaw if need be. thanks dan

#28138 - 05/08/05 08:33 PM Re: Remote Control
ScottH Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY, USA
The remote is based on the Home Theater Master SL-9000 (the version that came with the 950 is lacking the LCD screen). The manual's remote is available on the web, here's a copy of the manual from amazon.

My first thought was that the previous owner may have programed "volume punch through", so the remote is trying to change the volume on some other component. I did a search for "volume punch through" on the Outlaw board, and came up with a bunch of deleted threads. Plus this old thread about punch through. In it, gonk explains how to set the volume punch through (from page 23 of the SL-9000 manual).

If this doesn't work, you could try a more drastic solution: resetting the entire remote. On page 18 of the manual it says to "Erase All Buttons in All Device Modes" you press and hold the TV Device Button and the LIGHT button simultaneously, for approximately ten seconds."

#28139 - 05/08/05 08:47 PM Re: Remote Control
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I agree with ScottH that it sounds like the volume punch-through is set in a way that differs from what you want, or perhaps only set for certain devices. As I pointed out in the thread ScottH found, you have to set the volume punch-through on each device - punch-through is not a global setting. If some devices don't have punch-through set, the volume controls will attempt to control the volume on that device rather than on the 950.

Also, before doing a full reset, I'd consult with Outlaw to make sure there's not a better solution to your problem. I say that only because I don't know what the device code is to tell the remote to operate the 950 from the "AUD" device.

#28140 - 05/08/05 08:54 PM Re: Remote Control
SPEAKRNUTT Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: WARNER ROBINS, GA.
Thanks a million for your help. dan

Who's Online
1 registered (butchgo), 98 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts