In viewing some of the posts on this board I have found several people asking about speaker recommendations. I thought I would just offer my $.02

I just recently purchased some Paradigm Monitor 5's (v.2) off of Ebay and they are truly awesome. I had listened to most of the paradigm Monitor line at my local shop, and for some reason the 5's just sounded better to me than the two or three (floorstanding)models above them. I picked up some Paradigm mini-monitors once I knew the 5's were on their way, and I've been using those in front until the 5's arrived. The minis are a nice speaker, but I was quite surprised at the difference between the two. Anyway, it's been a while since I've been 'happy' with my system, but I am real close. Several years ago I had a B&K ST-140 amp with a Mod Squad line drive hooked up to some Monitor Audio 7's. That was pretty good stuff for two channel stereo. But as for home theater, you can't go wrong with this setup - especially if you can find some deals on the speakers.

Here is an updated list of my equipment. I'm very pleased with the receiver and speakers. Just not sure about the CD performance of the CD player:

Outlaw 1050 (becoming emotionally attached)
Paradigm Monitor 5's v.2 ($350 Ebay)
Paradigm Mini Monitors v.2($199 Demo pair)
Paradigm CC-370 v.3(If it's good enough for Gonk, it's good enough for me)
Paradigm PDR-10 (adequate....nothing spectacular)
Panasonic RV32K DVD (great for movies, so-so for music....can't beat the $119 price tag)

Happy listening!
7075 Amp
950 PrePro (2003-2010)
975 PrePro (2012-Present)
Outlaw ICs (2003-Present)
M8 Subwoofer (2011-Present)
???