Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#27941 - 03/25/05 07:43 PM volumn control
dutch Offline
Gunslinger

Is there a way to control the volumn when changing channels? I watch TV thru a local cable company. Problem is premium channels are a lot lower, so I turn up the volumn, go to another channel, and it is incredibly loud. My Onyko had something called Intellvoumn, which allowed it to remember the prefferred listening level.
I have to admit, I do like this processor. I watched 'Open Range' on cable the other day. It played thru PLII-C and the gunfight was short of being absolutely spectacular. My system runs about all the time, if music isn't playing, then its movies. Could this have caused the increase in my electirc bill? I mean I have only recently switched over to seperates, getting the pieces as I could afford them. But noe seems like the electric bill has had a slight increase.
Oh well.

I bought a monster power strip, now I can't get cable thru its filters. Its the 2000 model. Anyone else notice you can't get cable reception thur its connects? At least I can't, it worked fine thru the old surge protector, but not the new one.
My system is as follows:

950 pre/pro
B&K 7250 amp
Tosh 9200 dvd
Sony Hi-Fi VCR
Tosh 61" projection TV
Polk RT5000p speakers
Veloydne HT 10" sub

#27942 - 03/25/05 11:17 PM Re: volumn control
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
it will raise the bill!

#27943 - 03/26/05 07:29 AM Re: volumn control
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I'm afraid there's not a way to counteract the cable company's volume irregularity. As for the electric bill, your power amp is going to consume more electricity than the old receiver did, and over the course of the month that difference can produce a slight increase in consumption - especially if the amp is on a significant portion of the day. I'm not sure what the deal is with the Monster and your cable signal. I run my cable through a Panamax and haven't ever had a problem with the signal, except with the signal strength to the house was poor to begin with (in which case it was a problem without the Panamax). You may have a slightly weak signal coming to your house, and the Monster may knock it down farther than the previous surge protector did. Digital cable service is particularly susceptible to low signal strength.

#27944 - 03/27/05 12:34 AM Re: volumn control
dutch Offline
Gunslinger

Paint, Gonk
Thanks for the replies. I'll live with the increase in electric bill, the new sound is worth it in my opinion. The amp is 200w and 5 channel. I had thought about getting another 2 channel amp for the additonal soundfield. Maybe getting a 7 channel amp would be better?
I removed the speaker grills and gave another listen. I have to admit, I like the sound better. Didn't think the grill cloth could muffle the sound so much. Just seems more open I guess is the word.

Called the cable company, seems they have had a few calls about not getting signals thru newer monster surge protectors.

#27945 - 03/27/05 12:42 AM Re: volumn control
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
If you've already got a five-channel amp and want to step up to 7.1, I'd probably get a two-channel amp or a pair of monoblocks (I'm doing the latter, with a five-channel amp and a pair of M200 monoblocks).

#27946 - 03/27/05 01:00 AM Re: volumn control
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
i generally do my 2(.1) listening with grilles off(sub too,downfiring and forward firing with forward firing ports)

makes a huge difference in my "application" and i think everybody here would agree,it's worth the extra $$$ on the bill,'cept 'hound,he's running those ultra sensitive horns smile

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts