Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#27932 - 03/23/05 11:17 AM 950 setup problems
Az Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta GA
I just got a great deal on a used 950, and verified through Outlaw that it had the revision.

I've run into a couple of weird issues during setup. I wanted to run them by you guys to see if it's something easy, user error, or whatever before I bother the excellent Outlaw support people.

First off, when trying to program a manufacturer code into the remote, it doesn't seem to accept the number. The lights do not flash as it says in the manual, and pressing the number buttons appears to do nothing. Otherwise, the remote works fine and learns with no problem.

Secondly, when performing the speaker calibration, I get pink noise out of both front speakers when either left front or right front is selected. Also, the right front is noticeably louder (only with pink noise generator, source material is fine) than the other speakers even with everything set to 0.

And last but not least, how do you set the video output to the source? I can't get anything on the component output for TV or DVD.

Keep in mind that the unit is used and I may need to simply reset everything and start over. Does anyone know how to reset everything back to factory?

Thanks!

Az

#27933 - 03/23/05 11:18 AM Re: 950 setup problems
wingnut4772 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Miami
You have to remove the volume knob and press the little reset button you see in there. See if that helps....

#27934 - 03/23/05 11:45 AM Re: 950 setup problems
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
First, if you haven't done so already I would recommend downloading the SL-9000 manual - it is an excellent supplement to the 950\'s manual as far as what the remote is capable of. If the remote isn't accepting the number, make sure that you are trying to put the family of codes associated with the device on the remote (ie: if you are trying to learn a DVD player code, the remote will only accept it on the DVD button unless you take an extra step).

As far as the speaker calibration, I'd try resetting it (see page 45 of the manual for instructions on this process). If that doesn't resolve the left/right channel test tones, you might want to ask Outlaw about it.

The 950's video switching is not addressable. The DVD component input is passed to the component monitor output when the DVD input is selected, and the Video 1 component input (also called "SAT" on the remote) is passed to the component monitor output when Video1 is selected. Does that help?

#27935 - 03/23/05 12:49 PM Re: 950 setup problems
Az Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks guys! I reset the unit, but no difference in the odd levels in the setup generated pink noise. Not a big deal as I can set levels other ways, but it concerns me that there may be something wrong.

I read the remote manual at universalremote.com last night. I still can't get it to accept the code for my DVD player. (Sony)

Thanks for the video tips. I assumed that the video was selectable. It's working fine now.

I'll call support about the other issues. Thanks again!

#27936 - 03/24/05 12:51 PM Re: 950 setup problems
Az Offline
Gunslinger

Ok, thanks to you guys and Outlaw tech support (Thanks Steve!) I got everything all figured out and working great. I'd go into detail, but let's just call it all "user error".

Anyway, it sounds great. I'm a happy camper.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM