Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#27632 - 02/13/05 11:05 AM Re: Crossover scam
Sound Killer Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Joel:
Also, please tell what part of what I said is technically incorrect to make you conclude there is a void in my knowledge on crossovers?
Everything you said in your first, and second post. I even have a hard time understanding your descriptions, MAN!!

Practice, Practice, Practice...

#27633 - 02/13/05 12:13 PM Re: Crossover scam
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Joel:
Mr. Sound killer,
I did read the manual.
What page/paragraph in the manual proves me wrong? Also, please tell what part of what I said is technically incorrect to make you conclude there is a void in my knowledge on crossovers?
How about you point out where the scam is? What page of the manual is inconsistent with what you found? Page 26 is where the bulk of the crossover info is. I didn't see if there's more elswhere. And even more important, why did you come onto the board to throw a hissyfit instead of talking right with Outlaw about it? If you bought something from a store, why would you go screaming through the parking lot instead of going inside to customer service? Did any Outlaw personell mislead you in the unit's capabilities?

#27634 - 02/13/05 12:21 PM Re: Crossover scam
Sound Killer Offline
Gunslinger

By the way, I got to run, Mr. Joel. I need to get some sleep. shocked Additional bass management professionals will be with you very shortly. (Hopefully)

#27635 - 02/13/05 12:37 PM Re: Crossover scam
Wharf Rat Offline
Gunslinger

Joel - I think it may be time for you to take advantage of the 30 day satisfaction guarantee. You tried it, you don't like it and now you can get your money back with no hassle. This is way they offer the satisfaction guarantee.

#27636 - 02/13/05 06:04 PM Re: Crossover scam
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
I've never had any issues with the 950's bass management, and I've tested the crap out of it in my lab since it was first released.

#27637 - 02/13/05 10:42 PM Re: Crossover scam
Joel Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Fishkill, NY
-- I'm not having a "hissy fit", just pointing out a very annoying design flaw. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought that, unlike a "parking lot", that's what this forum is for.

--Talking to Outlaw won't help - it's designed how it's designed.

-- I had it much longer than 30 days so I can't return it.

-- I wouldn't return it even if I could. There is no other product that CAN do this (that I'm aware of). Plus, this is the best processor anywhere near this price point.

---- Mr.Soundhound - Please - In your lab - play pink noise through the center channel. Set the center on "small". Remove the RCA cable to the center's power amp input so that you can use an RTA to look at just the bass from the sub. Change crossover freqs for the center and let us know graph changes. I'll bet not!

--- Mr. Sound Killer - the fact that you did not understand my simple explaination proves to me that perhaps YOU are the one that needs to read up a bit.

#27638 - 02/13/05 11:18 PM Re: Crossover scam
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

The forum is for discussion. What do you want to discuss? You seem interested only in telling us flat out how bad Outlaw is. Everything said is accusational and seems kind of short tempered. If you were interested in discussing this you could have asked what you possibly overlooked instead of proclaiming Outlaw to be the scum of the earth. Calling someone a scammer tends to mean something along those lines.

Why won't you talk to Outlaw? You're awfully sure of yourself. Everyone misses things. Maybe there was a setting you misunderstood. As for not returning it because of the 30 days, again, you won't contact them. How do you know they won't work something out? There is no way you can answer that unless you contact them.

Also, all 4 of your posts are in this thread. You only signed up yesterday. You come on here acting very angry and accusational, badmouthing something we all like. You won't really listen to anything and just dare us to show you're wrong. How are we not supposed to see this as a childish fit?

When I re-read the manual earlier, I found that what Joel is saying could happen, but I'd want to hear from Outlaw as to what the design is supposed to do. From what I read on pg 26, there are 3 separate high-pass filters. One for the mains, one for the center, and one for the surrounds. Right in that area, I didn't see what happened to the info below the crossover settings, the low pass info. We tend to assume it goes to the sub, but I didn't see it explicitly state that, so what Joel said could technically happen. I'd rather hear what some others have to say from their experience. Outlaw in particular. It's very easy to miss one setting, button, switch or whatever. No one can think of everything (even soundhound wink ).

#27639 - 02/13/05 11:39 PM Re: Crossover scam
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Did you check to see if that "missing" info was routed elsewhere? Such as the mains? We don't know Outlaw's logic setup right off the bat. They could have set it up so that all the LP info from the other speakers went to the mains first. Then from there, anything lower than the main's crossover freq could be routed to the sub.

#27640 - 02/13/05 11:54 PM Re: Crossover scam
Joel Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Fishkill, NY
JT Clark - You are 100% correct about the accusatory tone and I do apologize to all readers. I only joined the forum for that one issue - to see if others know about it and what they feel about it. I now realize my wording was lousy and very attention seeking. I guess I was just anxious for responses on top of being perturbed about this issue.

I DISaggee about not listening to anybody and daring to be proved wrong. I've read, and considered, all the responses and nobody had a valid rebuttal. I would LOVE to be provin wrong in this case because I want this feature!

I do think Outlaw has excellent products at great prices and I love everything else about the 950.
Regards..

#27641 - 02/14/05 12:34 AM Re: Crossover scam
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Some of us do understand your explanations, and most of us also find ourselves relying on speakers that are not truly full range...

There has been a great deal of discussion and scrutiny focused on the 950's assorted bass management features, and this issue is not one that I recall coming up. Obviously, that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, but it does seem surprising that something like this would have slipped through. Perhaps soundhound can help shed some light on the situation; he's spent a good bit of time under the 950's hood.

Also, I would not discount Outlaw's support -- they have consistently been very responsive to customerconcerns about the design of their products. If the 950 really does behave as you describe, I'm sure they would be interested in reviewing it with you; your comments might even affect future products. If the 950 is in fact not behaving as your findings suggest, they may be able to help clarify the matter for you.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 83 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM