Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#2739 - 09/03/02 09:59 AM Received my 1050
rgps Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Jersey City, NJ, USA
I finally decided to buy the 1050 and have been enjoying the fabulous sound all weekend. It helped me make the best of a rainy labor day weekend.

At first I though the surround channels were not working very well however now I am convinced that the 1050 is doing a better job at decoding the surround channel signals. I think my old receiver sometimes played too much out of the surrounds. Did anyone else find a significant difference in what is played on the surround channels when compared to their old receiver ?

I would really like to have had a remote with at least some learning capability. I guess I need to look at the hacking sites and consider doing it or buy a universal remote. My Sony dvd player has a great button "repeat" which jumps back a few seconds. I use it all the time but I didn't find it on the universal remote when set to Sony.

#2740 - 09/04/02 10:22 AM Re: Received my 1050
AAWingnut Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Cartersville, GA 30120
I highly recommend the Sony RM-AV2100 Universal Remote. It is a touch screen remote with learning capability so you can program all your remotes into the Sony. It has individual screens for DVD, Satelite, CD Players, TV Monitor, Multiple VCR's and more. I've had it about 6 months and love it. So does my wife!

#2741 - 09/04/02 11:20 AM Re: Received my 1050
rgps Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Jersey City, NJ, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by AAWingnut:
I highly recommend the Sony RM-AV2100 Universal Remote. It is a touch screen remote with learning capability so you can program all your remotes into the Sony.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have been looking at the newer sony RM-AV3000.

I was able to hack the 1050 remote using the references found on this board so I am about 95% happy with the capabilities. The only feature I am missing is a macro feature so I may still but a better remote.

Do you know if the Sony RM-AV2100 or the RM-AV3000 allow you to directly enter advanced codes or do you have to use the learning feature? For example the "Discrete On" code for my DVD player is code 113 however my DVD's remote does not have this button. I was able to directly program this code into the outlaw remote and would want to do the same with the Sony. Of course I could program the outlaw and use it to teach the Sony but direct programming would be much nicer.

I am glad your wife likes the Sony remote one of the main reasons I am trying to get a better remote is to make it easier to use my system for my wife. If course that's also the reason I haven't bought one yet since I only need the remote for her and she doesn't want to spend over $100 for a remote.

[This message has been edited by rgps (edited September 04, 2002).]

#2742 - 09/09/02 09:49 AM Re: Received my 1050
AAWingnut Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Cartersville, GA 30120
RGPS,

I'm not so sure if the 2100 can be programed the way you're asking but it can be programmed to push one button and perform numerous actions or steps. This allows one touch remote capability to switch all components when swapping between DVD and VCR or Satellite, ect. It is very easy to teach using the learn fucntion, so even if it can't be programmed the way you would like, it can learn any function you want to teach it. The prices have come down since I purchaed mine and if there is a new model out you might find a 2100 at Best Buy for $99.00 or so. They were $120 or so in March. It is a super Universal Remote. Good Luck.

AAWingnut

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts