Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#27367 - 01/27/05 05:15 PM Re: Cable for Interconnects?
Lee44 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Portland, Oregon USA
This is a great thread smile

Personally I make my own analog audio cables using belden 1505f, RG59 in size, double braided copper shield, stranded center conductor for flexibility. Canare RCA ends. (coax $.28/ft, RCAs < $3ea) Throw in some Techflex if you want to get fancy)

I use different RG6s for video, digital audio, SAT and OTA feeds. Again Canare F's and RCAs.

I really like being able to make custom lengths. I offset the cost of the tooling by making cables for family and close friends.

I like the looks of the Outlaws lockers, if I had the $$'s to spend on cables, I'd be buying those. Wish I could find ends like those to fit my dies. smile

I've used ARs, Stinger (greens), not expensive and work great.

Good cables don't make your system sound good, they keep it from sounding bad.

Lee

#27368 - 01/28/05 12:07 AM Re: Cable for Interconnects?
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
nice aspect!
i like!

#27369 - 01/28/05 12:49 AM Re: Cable for Interconnects?
painttoad Offline
Desperado

off to the tube.GONK,quit pickin' on me!that was me on the fan!i thought i was cool!and alot of people enjoyed that jump!

#27370 - 01/28/05 07:44 AM Re: Cable for Interconnects?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Sorry, dude, you should have at least jumped toward the bed instead of the hardwood floor.

#27371 - 01/28/05 09:36 AM Re: Cable for Interconnects?
painttoad Offline
Desperado

not the first time i bumped the head!(and it's concrete,i'm in the basement)

#27372 - 01/28/05 11:30 AM Re: Cable for Interconnects?
painttoad Offline
Desperado

#27373 - 01/28/05 11:32 AM Re: Cable for Interconnects?
painttoad Offline
Desperado

can't get the link to work,checked out google on "cable elevators" they seem to be pretty proud($160 for 8)
found a forum where they talk about using egg crates,without eggs,with eggs,soft boiled eggs....

#27374 - 01/28/05 12:06 PM Re: Cable for Interconnects?
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cedman1:
Anyone in here using cable elevators to guard against muddy bass and distorted highs? If not how are you guarding your equipment and ears from the damaging "bruised electrons"?
I actually used cable elevators that I made myself. The base and uprights were made from oak with some monofilament strung between two stainless steel angle brackets. I used this to keep my speaker cables off of the floor. It was not that I was worried about my electrons getting bruised but I was worried about the dampness from a poorly waterproofed and insulated concrete slab in the house i was renting at the time.

As far as all cables being equivalent, most of the arguements center around the fact that wire is wire and copper is copper. But for audio interconnects, video interconnects and digital connections you also cannot dismiss the quality of the connector. Almost every cable that has come free with a component I have purchased (and some quite expensive) has had what I considered poorly constructed connectors. This may be more important for video connections where many cheap connectors do not maintain a 75 Ohm impedance. I personally noticed this when hooking up a television to digital cable a few years back. The picture was very soft and fuzzy with a premade cable. When I replaced it with a home made cable with Canare true 75 Ohm connectors the picture became sharp. I then took the pre-made cable, removed the connectors, replaced them with Canares and low-and-behold I had a sharp picture. Whether this is as much a factor at audio frequencies as for video is up for debate but I personally like the secure feeling of using locking RCA's like the outlaw cables have.

#27375 - 01/28/05 02:16 PM Re: Cable for Interconnects?
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally posted by silversport:
just what are the quality of your mirrors...I mean...what makes your mirrors better than the mirrors I can get anywhere???
wink
Bill
It’s the same type you put on your bedroom ceiling except it’s cut to the right proportion (secret) to work well with the back view of every home A/V components.

#27376 - 01/28/05 03:21 PM Re: Cable for Interconnects?
Lee44 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Portland, Oregon USA
For the truest fidelity without distortion it would have to be a front surface mirror made with the purest/highest quality silver mined and refined by virgins in the mountains of Nevada above 5,000 feet.

Sorry, couldn't help it,
Lee laugh

Oh, almost forgot: http://www.mapleshaderecords.com/tweaks/cablelifts.php

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 94 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM