Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#2729 - 08/30/02 11:39 PM 1050 for sale $400 I ship........
norman bates Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3 months old, mint, box, manual/paperwork still sealed.

Only center channel amplifier used.

Used as preamp.

Send email to capedory2000@yahoo.com
Or pick up if near Cedar Rapids, Iowa

#2730 - 09/01/02 12:26 AM Re: 1050 for sale $400 I ship........
norman bates Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

You pay $400. I pay for shipping (so long in US not alaska or Hawaii with 5 or 7 day delievery) after check clears.

Paper work is now opened to verify what comes with the receiver. MAnual, remote with batteries, am and fm antenna, original styrofoam and double box for shipping. This unit is a new replacement as the orignal went kathump out subwoofer output when switching between sources (dvd to fm,etc). The original was paid for on may 7th ($550)and the new one was received perhaps 40 days after original was bought putting actual age less than 3 months and in perfect running order.

I cannot stress the quality enough as this would sell for over $800 plus tax at Best BUy. Preamp outputs for all 5.1 channels and subwoofer. Direct inputs to bypass circuitry for cleanest route from input to speakers. Excellent reviews from magazines and online at audioreview.com. The mono or 6.1 channel (I call mono surround) works best as dipoles 6' off floor on either side of seating area no more than 8' from back wall. So that way surround that is meant to envelope you such as rain, forest, water, city sounds, which encompass %90 of surround info fill the room with sound while the stereo surround allows direct sounds such as bullets whizzing past to come through.

It has been hard to accomplish both (room filling sound hard to localize, feeling like you are underwater such as the scene in matrix when neo wakes up in the goop before being flushed down the drain). Dipoles do this well but when a bullet is supposed to fly to your back left, instead it goes overhead and seems to be everywhere.

This receiver allows you to do both !!!! Do not be intimidated by needing 4 speakers for surround (actually 3 pair is the best, 2 pairs set as dipoles and 1 set in back corners for left right surround). I find the small 3 way yamahas cost near $100 a pair. Add 2 more pair (1 center and 1 for each left front and right front) makes for the best surround speaker package without subwoofer. I do not care what they say. If you want the center to match your fronts it must be the same speaker as your fronts. It has the same dispersion patterns, etc.

I am anal, audio is what I do. And I even work as an electronic technician. Now I am working on building my own amplifiers, not someone elses but my amp. I do not watch movies much anymore so it just sits there. I like to buy and sell things all the time. I like to have equipment coming and going so I can experience much and draw my own conclusions. I recommend this receiver strongly as do many, many others.

This is a perfect opportunity to get a great receiver for a good deal !!!!

Don't miss out !!!!

Jonathan Bates in Iowa

#2731 - 09/03/02 03:00 AM Re: 1050 for sale $400 I ship........
norman bates Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

my 1050 is sold. Thank you all for your interest.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts