Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#27186 - 12/26/04 09:02 PM Re: bose 901
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
ok, i'm thinkin' about a post of what we used to run in the tape monitor loop.anybody game?

#27187 - 12/27/04 07:26 PM Re: bose 901
hawk Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Va.
Hello Guys Sorry if my post seemed rude to some I agree it could have been written better. I do own a 950 (ser# 04-030700293) and totally pleased with it. Thanks for the help jt clark-oil can and especially gonk
Happy New Year to all-even you jarwahl

#27188 - 12/28/04 06:27 PM Re: bose 901
The Spatula Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Southern California
Hey guys, I've been on vacation the last couple of weeks. Wow, I hope Hawk wasn't scared off by the nuby. Hey Jarwahl, this sight is to help people with their home theatre problems regardless of the equipment. Of course we specialize in Outlaw, which it turns out Hawk owns a 950, but that doesn't mean if someone with another companies set up needs help we go, "Eeeeuw you don't own Outlaw, your not cool get lost!!!" Gonk knows this and with his usual helpful expertise, put him on the right track. So Jarwahl, chill out and Hawk welcome!!!

#27189 - 12/28/04 06:35 PM Re: bose 901
hawk Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Va.
Thanks Spatula

#27190 - 12/29/04 09:28 AM Re: bose 901
Yahoo Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

So, Jarwahl...
You're so high on courtesy and politeness, I'm wondering where YOUR apology is????????

(Is that enough question marks for you? Preemptively withdrawing your comments isn't an apology, by the way)

The rudeness of people these days...jumping to the conclusion that Hawk doesn't have a 950, as opposed to offering him the benefit of the doubt that he DOES own a 950.

If you didn't have the knowledge to answer the question yourself, you could have just ignored it instead of bashing Hawk as a defense mechanism.

#27191 - 01/02/05 05:41 PM Re: bose 901
Alejate Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Albany, NY
I have been away form this site for a couple of weeks and am just now catching up. Do any of you remember, (and occasionally it still pops up), how Outlaws were treated on other sites? I personally did not enjoy all the bashing. So I will never bash anyone on this site regardless of their equipment. I am in management, and I find that if you take time to treat people with respect you usually will win over a customer, (maybe not today but eventually).

#27192 - 01/02/05 06:03 PM Re: bose 901
silversport Offline
Desperado

Loc: ChicagoLand/USA
...some people even use how they are treated by a certain manufacturer as a gauge for future purchases...I heard all the GREAT things about Outlaw Audio and figured if they took the time with me on my zillion questions, I could "repay" them with some business...I now plan to buy their 950/7100/LFM-1 combination...just my .02
Bill

...Let the Movies and Music Play...

#27193 - 01/02/05 10:44 PM Re: bose 901
justhavingfun Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lansing, KS
Boy, talking about some hostility because someone doesn't own certain audio equipments that everyone approve. I have owned many different audio equipments over the years and that includes some Bose speakers. I currently have one HT system (BTW, I do own Outlaw 950/755 combo, just in case someone might get upset) and three different two channel audio systems in my home. And I still have Bose 901 speakers playing in one of the audio system. My other speakers are consist of some combination of Def Tech, Sound Dynamics, SVS, Klipsch, and Monitor Audio. We as fellow audio lovers should never discourage anybody from enjoying their audio equipments just because they owned different kinds of audio equipments than yours. So just relax and enjoy your music or movies with whatever you have in your home without worries that you might offending anybody. BTW, I hooked up my 901 equalizer between preamp and power amp just like "gonk" has suggested in earlier post. Welcome to Outlaw forum. Cheers and happy new year!

#27194 - 01/02/05 10:55 PM Re: bose 901
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

Coming in late to this thread, and back to the original post that started it all...

I'm actually intrigued by your set-up hawk.

I'm one who distinguishes between the "old" Bose - and the "new" one that markets and sells those little cube thingies.

What series of 901s and 501s do you have? As I have posted before, I've owned a pair of 901s in the past - but could never get my room to adapt to them properly. I've also said it would be neat to set up a 7.1 HT system comprised entirely of 901s - just to see how it would sound (in the proper room of course.)

I also owned a pair of Bose 501s at one time. Traded in a pair of Cerwin Vegas for them if I recall correctly. Then somewhere around 1979 I traded them straight up for my first pair of Koss CM1030s - which I still have.

I liked the 501s - but again they were tough to place properly in the room that I had available at the time (a dorm room at university.) The Koss towers were a much better fit (and speaker) - but I remember setting up the 501s in my parent's large rec room for an entire summer - and they sounded very good to me.

What intrigues me about your set-up is how you might continue to use your two pairs of 501s as the surrounds in a 7.1 set-up. If you have the space for it. I'm assuming that you are using the older 501 variants. (I believe Bose re-issued the 501 in a completely different, and inferior, variation in the not-too-distant past.)

I actually use two pairs of 301s in that capacity right now - and they work very well. However the 501s are larger (at least the old series) and would be tough to mount anywhere but on the floor.

If you do get the whole thing running in a 7.1 config I'd be interested to hear how it sounds. As I did with the 301s, and again assuming that you are using older 501s like the ones I'm familiar with, you have the choice of "reversing" the 501s to see in which location the sound better - given their twin tweeter / direct/reflecting design. It will come down again to your room - and seating position.

Jeff Mackwood

ps. to hawk: welcome to the forum

ps. to jarwhal: I own a 950 and an ICBM, so I guess I have the right to post this reply.

#27195 - 01/02/05 11:54 PM Re: bose 901
silversport Offline
Desperado

Loc: ChicagoLand/USA
Cool on the Bose...I had 301s that had the paddles and the "open cell" foam on 'em...my sister is still using them and they were bought new by me in 1979...
:p laugh wink cool Bill

...Let the Movies and Music Play...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 197 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts