Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#27176 - 12/26/04 11:23 AM Re: bose 901
jarwahl Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

"Klipsch is not going to try to help him with it since his sub is unrelated to the problem"

That is clearly not supposed to be - anyone owning equipment from ANY manufacturer should expect professional advice from any aspect or characteristic in the audio-visual arena - or point them in a specific direction - or find someone to get in touch with them.

That has always been MY PERSONAL RULE IN the business - but obviously doesn't seem to be a fit philosophy according to you.

My ONLY point was that AT LEAST begin with a 'pardon, but' - I'm pretty good at the 'implied' world but I really think if Hawk owned a 950 it would have come out specifically in the question.

And you will notice my second post withdrew any comments if indeed Hawk had neglected to tell about their 950 - something I believe rather unlikely unless now suddenly 'acquired' for the purposes of this forum 'discussion.'

Politeness is still not dangerous to use -

As for the type that shouts in cellphones, etc. - I do wonder about TWO sets of SEVEN TIMES REPEATED question marks - and one set of FIVE EXCLAMATION MARKS in one paragraph in the original question. Why does that make me wonder about the DNA that could be 'intruding' without so much as a 'thank you m'am.'

#27177 - 12/26/04 11:26 AM Re: bose 901
jarwahl Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

"anyone owning ANY equipment from ANY manufacturer should expect professional advice from any aspect or characteristic in the audio-visual arena"

So basically Klipsch should even 'bother' to tip off a Klipsch subowner on what they think might be a good DVD player - projector - whatever. Or answer any problems in the chain - or at least point relevantly to places whhere the problem can be solved.

That's just how it should be - even if seldom found.

#27178 - 12/26/04 12:06 PM Re: bose 901
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Klipsch has a good reputation, so it is possible that they would step up to the plate and help him, if they have support staff available today. As a consumer, however, I would never go to the company that made my subwoofer and ask about how to hook up a speaker made by their competitor - a good company would give me an answer, but I would consider it to be (borrowing a term from earliest posts) rude to even ask the question.

You did note in your second post that hawk might actually own a 950 - but you left your original highly inflammatory first post unedited and offered no apology for flying off the handle at a new member of this forum. Even if hawk didn't own a 950, your original post does not fit the traditions of this forum - the folks around here are home theater enthusiasts (quite a few of whom own or plan to own Outlaw gear) who strive to help each other out. Owning Outlaw gear has never been a requirement for posting here.

Hawk's post style - stream of consciousness sentences and random punctuation - is a pet peeve of mine, but I refuse to deny someone help with a problem solely because their post isn't as well-presented as I'd like.

#27179 - 12/26/04 12:54 PM Re: bose 901
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Dude, just r-e-l-a-x a bit. cool

I think we need some more input from hawk before saying anything else. If we keep going on like this, the poor guy will run away screaming.

#27180 - 12/26/04 01:14 PM Re: bose 901
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
ok hawk,sorry to slam your speakers(just personal preference) ,since you must be using preamp outputs to drive your amps,put the eq between the preamp and main speaker amp.then send a post tellin' us that you do have a piece of outlaw equipment.(just to calm everybody down a bit)

and a quick question to gonk,if he happenned to have a receiver with tape loop,and preamp outputs for all channels,and put the eq in the loop,wouldn't that affect all outputs? shouldn't the eq still be placed between the two?

#27181 - 12/26/04 01:36 PM Re: bose 901
jarwahl Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

"Owning Outlaw gear has never been a requirement for posting here."

OF COURSE NOT - I was just asking for a modicum of courtesy and politeness ofintroducing the question with a 'pardon but' - and wondering where people start to blast others they have never heard from ever before with a total of 14 question marks and 6 exclamation points all within a few sentences.

Unfortunately that PUSHY kind of 'ME' philosophy is the order of the day for many.

Anyhow - let's move on.

#27182 - 12/26/04 05:25 PM Re: bose 901
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Quote:
Originally posted by jarwahl:
Unfortunately that PUSHY kind of 'ME' philosophy is the order of the day for many.
Exactly.

Quote:
Anyhow - let's move on.
Let's, again.

#27183 - 12/26/04 08:20 PM Re: bose 901
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
and a quick question to gonk,if he happenned to have a receiver with tape loop,and preamp outputs for all channels,and put the eq in the loop,wouldn't that affect all outputs? shouldn't the eq still be placed between the two?
With most modern surround processors and receivers, the "tape loop" can't really be used with an EQ at all - it is not designed to serve as a processor loop; there isn't a true tape loop. Instead, there is an analog stereo audio output that is intended for recording the active input, often without any sort of D/A conversion for digital audio sources.

#27184 - 12/26/04 08:29 PM Re: bose 901
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
i wasn't totally sure if the tape monitor was a thing of the past.but it is!nowadays i don't think we have much use for the loop,but it served it's purpose very well!

#27185 - 12/26/04 08:30 PM Re: bose 901
Oil Can Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shelbyville, KY, USA
:p Guy’s, lighten up. It’s Christmas. Help the guy if you can, if you can’t, let it go. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 197 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts