Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#27128 - 12/17/04 10:55 AM Re: Outlaw's new pre/pro to have balanced outputs...
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by worldwide:
Gonk- How do you know that the 950's launch was a significant learning experience for Outlaw? Did they mention it while cutting your latest paycheck for putting a pro-Outlaw spin on this forum?
If you do some research into posts from the time period when the 950 was released, it will become painfully obvious what went wrong and what went right. I was one of the earliest critics of the 950's noise performance and I ended up in the loop of finding the solution. They couldn't have helped but learn from the experience.

#27129 - 12/17/04 01:22 PM Re: Outlaw's new pre/pro to have balanced outputs...
ekim955 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

What are "balanced outputs" and why are they important? I'm a novice currently building a new HT. Thanks for your help.

#27130 - 12/17/04 01:33 PM Re: Outlaw's new pre/pro to have balanced outputs...
DennisG Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Richmond, VA
Gonk, I understand and respect the decision they have made. I followed the release of the 950 closely and ended up buying one. I know they took a lot of heat for missing multiple release dates and then took even more when they released the units with the hiss issue.

Since I am looking at new pre/pro's it would be nice to know. While I am looking at the new Emotiva, I would be willing to wait if the new Outlaw was going to have HDMI switching, i link and maybe some type of auto room EQ that has become commonplace on some of the new receivers.

It sounds like this might be the higher end unit they talked about a couple of years back when they talked about releasing two different units. I guess I am just anxious to know more just like everyone else. smile

#27131 - 12/17/04 01:40 PM Re: Outlaw's new pre/pro to have balanced outputs...
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by ekim955:
What are "balanced outputs" and why are they important? I'm a novice currently building a new HT. Thanks for your help.
In a home situation, you don't need them and they are not important. They are used in professional studio applications where cables may be hundreds of feet long.

#27132 - 12/17/04 01:58 PM Re: Outlaw's new pre/pro to have balanced outputs...
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
I guess I am just anxious to know more just like everyone else.
I know the feeling, and at least I can offer you some company while you wait. smile Who knows? Maybe this first crumb of information is a sign of things to come.

#27133 - 12/17/04 03:33 PM Re: Outlaw's new pre/pro to have balanced outputs...
JMS Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NE Ohio
I agree with Soundhound. Balanced outs/ins are generally "xlr" male/female terminations, like a microphone cable. For short runs of less than 25' I'd agree that there's no benefit. My Mackie speakers offer balanced or unbalanced inputs. I can't hear a difference under the circumstances that I use 'em. High quality cables are the way to go, IMHO.

Jay

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 77 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts