Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#26919 - 11/30/04 10:27 PM Re: 950 Bass management
JulioCat Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chilpancingo, Gro. Mexico
I do a full reset, and now it works as you say, thanks, anyway it was time to arrangue all settings now that i know better my 950.

#26920 - 12/04/04 11:57 AM Re: 950 Bass management
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
After tinkering with my system today I'm tending to disagree with some of these comments on bass management. If possible I hope someone will try and duplicate what I'm experiencing.
While watching a music DVD (Trans-Siberian) I went into the Outlaw setup screen for speaker setup. I have all speakers set to Large, Sub ON and 40Hz selected for all crossovers. These settings are typically what I run and I should mention the speakers are close to full range and the subs are dedicated LFE. While listening to the music the crossover for the fronts can be changed from 40 to 150Hz in one step and you can hear and see a huge difference in what the subs play. Changing the fronts from Large to Small (with the crossover at 150Hz) had little effect on the sub output but it did have an effect on reducing the fronts bass output. This indicates to me that somehow the 950 redirects some bass even when all speakers are set too large. Turning the sub OFF kills all output to the LFE as it should.
I was part of a forum discussion on this subject about a year ago but I can't find the thread. This should be easy for most anyone to test, just set all speakers to Large, Sub ON and toggle the crossover from 40 to 150HZ while feeling the subwoofer cone and see if you notice a difference.
If there are any suggestions on a different setup to try I will be happy to do so.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 124 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts