Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#26882 - 12/02/04 11:22 AM Re: 950 setup input wanted
daddy_guy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Redwood City, Ca USA
Quote:
Originally posted by 97db:
.....In my menu it still shows the xover choices for the front speakers,40-150hz. My other processor would omit that part of the menu when I would choose large for any of my speakers.Is there something that I need to do to confirm with the 950 on the menu? Or will it always show hz adjustments for each speaker no matter what size I choose. Just want to make sure that my front speakers are getting the full range signal to them,with that hz choice still showing kinda scares me if I am doing it right.Anybody know? Thanks
I have the same speakers wired the way you have decided to go, stereo subs, set as "large" but with no separate sub, using the low level RCA inputs....and have always wondered the same thing about the front crossover point.......anyone have any clues or know the answer????? laugh

#26883 - 12/02/04 12:26 PM Re: 950 setup input wanted
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
This question hasn't come up in a while, possibly because so many people run all channels set to small, but it is an issue that can and does throw people off from time to time. The 950 menu appears to allow you to set crossover points for speakers whether they are set to small or large, even though a speaker that is set to large should not have any crossover applied. What the 950 is really doing is exactly what you would want it to do - when a speaker is set to large, the 950 disregards the crossover point setting and passes the signal through without altering it. You could set the crossover point for a "large" speaker to whatever you want, and it will not affect the way the 950 treats the signal for that speaker.

#26884 - 12/02/04 01:34 PM Re: 950 setup input wanted
daddy_guy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Redwood City, Ca USA
Whew!
Cool!!! cool
Nice to know for sure how things work.......the combination of my Def Techs, Outlaw 950/755 and my trusty old Fosgate 4100 amp :rolleyes: for rear channels makes my home theater really sound awesome.....my Def Techs love the 755 amp...such a great match-up!! I marvel at the sound every time I use it....for movies or music... it really shines!!
Outlaw is an impressive company that make high quality equipment...without breaking the bank.....
Outlaw is simply one of the best!!!!
And so are their users...you all make these forums such a fun read....and always informative! I log on almost every day to read the latest comments....
just a great website.....a big favorite of mine. laugh laugh

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts