Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#26668 - 10/16/04 08:37 AM Annoying Problem (having to reset the 950)
bitzerj Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: West Chester, PA, USA
Hi,

I have a problem that keeps happening with my 950 (every few months). The problem is that when watching a DVD (doesn't matter on the format, DTS, DD, etc) I will get audio dropouts lasting about 1-2 seconds 1 or 2 times during the movie. Resetting the unit seems to take care of the problem.

Q: Is this normal (having to reset the 950 every few months)?

Thanks,

John

#26669 - 10/16/04 10:53 AM Re: Annoying Problem (having to reset the 950)
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
That does not sound like normal behavior. Is it only the DVD player that seems to bring on these dropouts, or do other digital audio sources act similarly? You might also hit Outlaw's Tech Support system and see what thoughts they can offer.

#26670 - 10/16/04 03:42 PM Re: Annoying Problem (having to reset the 950)
The Spatula Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Southern California
I have had the same problem with the digital outputs from my CD player and DVD Player into my 950. I use the optical connection for the DVD and during movies it would occasionally cut out for 1-2 seconds. This also happend with the coaxial connection to my CD player during music. I added a power conditioner to the system and this cleared up the problem with the DVD player, but the CD player was still cutting out. It turned out to be a case of dirty power, or current spikes in the line. As bizarre as this sounds, whenever someone turns on or off any fluorescent lighting in my home, which happens to be the bathrooms and kitchen, it causes a 1-2 second loss of sound. The conditioner cleaned up the power enough for the optical, but the coaxial still does it. Try to test this theory in your home, if it still does it than go to tech support.

#26671 - 10/16/04 05:45 PM Re: Annoying Problem (having to reset the 950)
bitzerj Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: West Chester, PA, USA
What's weird, if I reset the unit it will be fine for a few months and then start doing the same thing again (only with DVD's). Tech support (early on) recommended the reset and thought that it might be a power spike that caused the processor to flake out. I might see if I can get the unit replaced, I never had any problems with the Denon receiver that it replaced.

Thanks for the help,

John

Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM