Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#26655 - 10/17/04 11:41 PM Re: Why bother with 7.1 instead of just 6.1 ?
stuermer Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Worldwide:

I run a pair of Outlaw's own PCA Y-Adapters ($25ea) from the 950's main L/R outputs. I split the main L/R each into 2 signals and bi-amp my mains using the 770's main L/R + rear surr L/R channels respectively to drive the speakers (which obviously need to be bi-wirable, and able to handle the power).

I figured when I want to go to 7.1 I will either buy a couple 200 monoblocks for the rears or go back to bi-wiring (unlikely now that I have heard the big bottom end and incredible dynamic range of bi-amping).

The PCA Y-Adapters are quite good. I bought them skeptically (considered it a $50 experiment), but noticed little/no voltage loss and no signal degradation.

As a general note, I have been really happy with the PCA interconnects - good construction quality and the locking terminators are great, especially when you have an built-in entertainment center and a 100+lb amplifier that is very hard to get behind.

#26656 - 10/18/04 07:44 PM Re: Why bother with 7.1 instead of just 6.1 ?
Adrian L Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Pearl River, NY
Hi all,

As far as ground loop hums are concerned, I haven't yet hooked up the system in the new house, so I have no idea how good or bad it will be. My last "good" system using the Parasound HCA-2205A amp was excellent. Ran though a Monster power (cable included). Never could eliminate the grood loop hum. Drove me crazy . . .

As for bi-amping, I only have 15 amp line to begin with. Plan to use 7 speaker + 2 subs. add to that the 65 " projection TV and I seriously am worried about power issues (no pun).

My original question was answered along the way and I have "wisely" as Gonk put it decided to wire my two center surround indepentently for future upgrades.

Thanks to all.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts