Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#26655 - 10/17/04 11:41 PM Re: Why bother with 7.1 instead of just 6.1 ?
stuermer Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Worldwide:

I run a pair of Outlaw's own PCA Y-Adapters ($25ea) from the 950's main L/R outputs. I split the main L/R each into 2 signals and bi-amp my mains using the 770's main L/R + rear surr L/R channels respectively to drive the speakers (which obviously need to be bi-wirable, and able to handle the power).

I figured when I want to go to 7.1 I will either buy a couple 200 monoblocks for the rears or go back to bi-wiring (unlikely now that I have heard the big bottom end and incredible dynamic range of bi-amping).

The PCA Y-Adapters are quite good. I bought them skeptically (considered it a $50 experiment), but noticed little/no voltage loss and no signal degradation.

As a general note, I have been really happy with the PCA interconnects - good construction quality and the locking terminators are great, especially when you have an built-in entertainment center and a 100+lb amplifier that is very hard to get behind.

#26656 - 10/18/04 07:44 PM Re: Why bother with 7.1 instead of just 6.1 ?
Adrian L Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Pearl River, NY
Hi all,

As far as ground loop hums are concerned, I haven't yet hooked up the system in the new house, so I have no idea how good or bad it will be. My last "good" system using the Parasound HCA-2205A amp was excellent. Ran though a Monster power (cable included). Never could eliminate the grood loop hum. Drove me crazy . . .

As for bi-amping, I only have 15 amp line to begin with. Plan to use 7 speaker + 2 subs. add to that the 65 " projection TV and I seriously am worried about power issues (no pun).

My original question was answered along the way and I have "wisely" as Gonk put it decided to wire my two center surround indepentently for future upgrades.

Thanks to all.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 132 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM