Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#2674 - 12/14/02 04:11 PM Re: Audio Dropout
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Never rule out some Audio dropouts being traced to (or a future parital percent or sudden rash of occurances)truly orginating from your DVD player or other spot.

I sent a brand new Sony progressive player back for these (at first thought it might be the 950...it was not). Now have a backordered STB just delivered (HD200), where there is a thread on iractic audio dropouts reported with this satelite reciever. We have only had the unit on line a couple of hours and have not experieced the audio dropout YET (I'm feeling pessimistic at the moment) but have had it reboot (another noted 'problem').

AT lease 3 times early in my aquire (I'm embarssed) I thought I caught my 950 misbehaving or exhibiting a new 'potential' problem, one of those UH OH moments. And the problem was ultimently eventialy traced to OE or a support source and or connection.

One of these moments was an interconnect I had 'always' used which had 'always' worked prior to my 950. Therefore it was last on my possible lists of culprits during an issue I was having...but it had indeed gone partialy kaput. In fact (weird timing) after not having problems in the area of interconnects for years...I purchased a new straight wire component cable around the same time which was DOA and required replacement.

Call Outlaw whenever these type issues arise and you have tried all you thought to check. They are great at helping to peg them down.

#2675 - 12/17/02 01:33 AM Re: Audio Dropout
Hoots Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Flower Mound, TX USA
It sounds like the 1050 has stopped receiving the digital audio stream from the DVD player when you get the audio drop and the flashing arrow.

Try a different DVD player and I bet you won't have the problem. The same old DVD player should work fine w/o using a digital audio connection.

Digital audio is very sensitive to problems.

Call Outlaw but make sure you've tried a different DVD player before assuming it's the 1050

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
0 registered (), 159 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts