Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#2654 - 10/30/02 10:36 AM Re: Audio Dropout
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I never had dropout problems on my 1050 (I had a surround back speaker almost from the day I got it, over a year before the first problem disc appeared), but from the descriptions of the problem by others and from the testing I did during the "dropout" problems with the first batch of 950's I can say without a doubt that you'd know it if it happened. It is a complete loss of audio on all channels for at least a second or two. It's not something you're likely to miss.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#2655 - 10/30/02 10:41 AM Re: Audio Dropout
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
THE SOUND OF SILENCE, (sung to the tune of hello darkness my old friend)

You hear nothing for second (or longer) when I had a glitchy brand new Sony proggresive DVD the dropouts could occur for a split second then audio would re-aquire again or occasionaly I had to halt play and start again to get audio back on line. You would notice when it occurs.

#2656 - 10/30/02 08:35 PM Re: Audio Dropout
Hoots Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Flower Mound, TX USA
I have the drop-out problem. Here is what I've heard:

The sound goes silent for 1 or 2 secs and then resumes. It happens about 8 or so times during a movie.

1. both optical ports have the same problem. Is it my RadioShack cable.
2. seems worse at high volume...maybe only more noticable at higher volumes.
3. I'm now using coax connection and will see if it continues.

#2657 - 11/06/02 12:10 AM Re: Audio Dropout
Hoots Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Flower Mound, TX USA
I'm getting dropouts on all three digital connections...opt 1, opt2 and coax. I'm using a 3rd generation Toshiba DVD. They are not repeatable by specific scene and they seem to happen after 45 minutes or so into a movie.

Tonight it was on Max Keebler's ... a Disney kids movie but it's on many DVD's.

It is unacceptabl and needs to be fixed. I'm not sure if it's the player or the AVR.

#2658 - 11/06/02 10:26 PM Re: Audio Dropout
wrunow Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Cape Neddick, Maine
I am also getting the dropout, seems to happen on some DD material and doesn't seem to be specific to the source. Last night I had it happen watching HBO HD on digital cable. My digital cable is connected through the coax imput. I have noticed it also on occasion with my Sony DVD on some discs but not on others. I think the OUTLAWS should definately check this out.

#2659 - 11/07/02 12:22 AM Re: Audio Dropout
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
I haven't had any dropout problems that are the fault of the 1050 and I've had mine for over a year now. Any audio dropouts I've had have had accompanying video freezes from the source so I know where the culprit lies.

#2660 - 11/07/02 09:51 PM Re: Audio Dropout
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
I'm the curious type here, but does anybody think that the "dropouts" could be related to the 1050 going into protection for overheating or clipping? In other words, do these "dropouts" occur only when the 1050 has been playing at loud volumes or when the 1050 has been working for a long period of time?

I'm a fairly recent 1050 purchaser and I've so far encountered no problems with its playback. Now I'm praying that I don't ever encounter this!!

#2661 - 11/08/02 02:11 PM Re: Audio Dropout
kugumby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St. Louis, MO USA
Good theory, but mine will do it whether I just turned it on or it's been on for hours.

Now, I still have the same DVD player (Sony). The optical cable is not the culprit because when I started using coax for the DVD, I switched the Monster Cable to the Dish on opt2 and it works fine.

This is something I should have pursued early on, but I didn't. My workaround suits me fine though. (don't use opt1) Maybe when I get a new DVD player, I'll try it again.

Todd

#2662 - 11/08/02 08:21 PM Re: Audio Dropout
ZOOCOW Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA , USA
Its been awhile since I started this thread. My wife and I have watched alot of movies since then too. I can happily say that I have not experienced any drop-outs since changing the optical inputs.

Weird.

But talking with other people that I work with, it seems that alot of people experience other problems with their home theater.

My one friend's system doesn't seem to produce any bass on DTS DVDs. While another seems to have problems with there video.

It seems that as technology get more advanced, more problems can occur.

Oh, I also want to say that I love my 1050, for movies and 2 channel music. I would recommend it to everyone. I am already hinting to my wife that we need to upgrade to the 950. Christmas is around the corner.

#2663 - 11/10/02 09:19 AM Re: Audio Dropout
ZOOCOW Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA , USA
ok, I jinked myself...

Last night we rented Eight Legged Freaks (I know, but we like the goofy horror stuff). I got the drop-out twice. Did some research this morning. What I found was that the drop-outs occurred at chapter changes.

Tried the DVD on two other toshiba DVD players that I have (with a DD Technics receiver and a TV/DVD combo) and it worked fine. Tried the DVD this morning on the Outlaw by jumping to the chapter, and what I found was a 1 sec delay between the video and when the audio kicked in. The other systems I have did not have this delay.

Here's the weird part, when I rewind it past the chapter breaks and played it, it didn't do it this morning.

oh well, where does this put me? Maybe switching optical cables? The drop-outs only started after I got a outlaw optical cable. Bad cable? Is it fixable?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 197 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts