Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#26447 - 08/23/04 05:56 PM Wireless speakers on Zone Out!
M Conley Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Brigantine, NJ USA
New 950 owner here Happy as can be. Replaced Adcom GTP-760 after 4-5 years and some breakdowns. Anyhow when I first got the 950 I realized there was no headphone jack for the AR Wireless speakers....bummer? NOT!!! I read the manual and logic dictated that the AR wireless, having their own built in amp could easily be used as a second output for a sound source....plugged them in made a couple of adjustments and voila!! Ballgame on the deck and her jazz in the living room! man I am going to love this spectacular unit!

Mike

#26448 - 08/23/04 06:01 PM Re: Wireless speakers on Zone Out!
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I've got something similar here - an Advent outdoor wireless speaker that is hooked up to zone 2 so we can listen to radio or CD's or whatever on the deck or while doing yard work. We haven't used it a lot, but it's handy when we do use it. Glad to hear you're enjoying your 950!

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#26449 - 08/23/04 07:40 PM Re: Wireless speakers on Zone Out!
Raider Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, TN
I was planning on spending a LOT of time running wires from my 950 (upstairs) to my back patio for Zone 2 listening. Had not thought about wireless speakers. How well does that work and are there any limitations? Distance, line of sight, etc.

#26450 - 08/23/04 08:06 PM Re: Wireless speakers on Zone Out!
M Conley Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Raider:
I was planning on spending a LOT of time running wires from my 950 (upstairs) to my back patio for Zone 2 listening. Had not thought about wireless speakers. How well does that work and are there any limitations? Distance, line of sight, etc.

I have ARModel AW871 900 MHz wireless speakers. At any given time the speakers are about 60-70 ft from the transmitter and work near perfectly. Be aware that people are the biggest obstacles to the signal due to high H2O content of our bodies. I had to fiddle with the speakers volume adjustments to get good signal...don't ask why! I am happy with the performance of these speakers. Look for best deal on e-bay and DO invest in re-chargeable batts. Found good deal at starbatteries.com. Good luck

#26451 - 08/23/04 08:09 PM Re: Wireless speakers on Zone Out!
M Conley Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by M Conley:
I have ARModel AW871 900 MHz wireless speakers. At any given time the speakers are about 60-70 ft from the transmitter and work near perfectly. Be aware that people are the biggest obstacles to the signal due to high H2O content of our bodies. I had to fiddle with the speakers volume adjustments to get good signal...don't ask why! I am happy with the performance of these speakers. Look for best deal on e-bay and DO invest in re-chargeable batts. Found good deal at starbatteries.com. Good luck

An addendum: the 60-70 feet is thru walls, possibly a brick firewall and not in line of sight!
Mike

Who's Online
0 registered (), 161 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts