We suffered a momentary power sag about mid-day on Sunday. Just long enough to make the microwave beep and make a few clocks start flashing 12:00. It was kind of interesting in an ironic sort of way because I was standing on a chair changing a lightbulb in the fixture on the kitchen ceiling when this all happened. My wife thought I did something. The voltage dropped low enough that the filaments of the bulbs I was changing turned orange for a couple seconds. When I got to work yesterday I found out the power disturbance effected a pretty wide area and may have included some spikes or surges too. One of my workmates lost a PC...it just won't boot up.

Why am I posting this in 950 Feedback? Well, it seems my 950 got it's brain scrambled. Just about everything in the set-up menus have random assignments. Speaker settings, input settings, even tuner presets were messed up. It had me scared for a little while, but the good news is everything seems to work ok once I corrected the set-ups. Incidentally, the 950 is plugged into a home-brew protection strip with filtering. I think it was the sag that did it (a spike/surge device can't do anything about that). We live in the upper midwest with our fair share of thunderstorms this time of year but this is as close as I have come to having any damage done to my electronics, and this was in the middle of a bright sunny day. I never did hear what the cause of the disturbance was.

Feeling Lucky!

------------------
Tekdredger