Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#26041 - 06/11/04 11:16 PM Re: New system - does this make sense?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Nope, I am not blindly defending ProTools or Digidesign. If fact since Avid bought them out, I despise the company and some of their business practices. I repeat, I was responding to a request for infomration for a program and interface that will do what I took to be project studio work - not home use. ProTools, for better or worse, is the system that is the standard in my industry, and if a project is to be taken to another studio or be worked on by another individual, standardization means everything. The film industry would grind to a halt without standardization and the ability to transport projects studio-to-studio and person-to-person transparently. If there was still a mish-mash of different systems in use as there was up until a few years ago, work would be very difficult and translations unreliable and time consuming in a time-critical industry.

My overriding concern is getting a job done, and I don't care whatsoever the brand of the system that is that "standard".

Of course none of this has anything to do with home use, and there are other programs and interfaces available that will suffice. I can only answer a question from my frame of reference, and if somebody asks me what to use for what I take as serious sound editing work in a professional or semi-professional environment (such as a home project studio), I can only recommend a system that has the largest installed base, has a good human interface and generally excellent performance.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited June 12, 2004).]

#26042 - 06/12/04 02:38 AM Re: New system - does this make sense?
Sound Killer Offline
Gunslinger

Hey, it is ok. I will make some comparisons between different brands and see which one will suit my needs best. Thank you very much Jason and Soundhound.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM