Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#2570 - 07/28/02 11:10 PM Rear Channel Noise
dbissett Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Houston TX
I recently had to replace my CD player and got a Sony DVD/CD player. Since then I occasionally get really bothersome noise on the rear channel, mostly on some music CD's but I think it's happened on a movie too. With the old CD player and my 1050 this was never a problem and I'm stuck on how to troubleshoot this since I don't have another CD player around. Is it possible that a bad rear signal comes from the new player on SOME discs but not others? Is there a way to isolate the rear channel so I can listen to it more closely? I'm still in the store return period so I'm thinking of getting another player to see what this does, but any pointers would help me plan a strategy to deal with this problem.

Dave

#2571 - 07/29/02 01:59 PM Re: Rear Channel Noise
PhilF Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

It happened to me a couple of times, and I don't know why and how it happened. What I did to solve this problem is to switch the "mode", and switch back the mode, or stop the play and start it again. I am also trying to find the causes of problems.

#2572 - 07/29/02 07:22 PM Re: Rear Channel Noise
dbissett Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Houston TX
Later last night I found an old thread that discussed this problem...search on "rear" and you'll find it. Apparently the problem is running some CD's through the "natural" DSP mode, which is my default setting. Running music across the front's + sub only avoids the problem, and movies do fine in 5.1. Problem may have to do with a stereo -> 5.1 converter in the 1050, but the hardware part is a little over my head.

Dave

#2573 - 09/01/02 11:03 AM Re: Rear Channel Noise
Toff Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Sounds like my problem. I am getting distorted music coming out of my 2 surrounds and I am using the "Natural" DSP mode. Let me try some other modes and I will post if the distortion goes away.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts