Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#25535 - 03/12/04 07:44 PM From someone who makes 'em....
peteypete Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I've gotta say that movie soundtracks played through my 950 are pretty amazing.

I work as an Assistant Director in the film industry, and I place a high premium on soundtrack reproduction. After owning a Sunfire Theater Grand for about 4 years, I finally upgraded when my system became more complex than the original TG could handle.

All I can say is, "Wow! Did you hear that?!" I'm running JBL HT4V's for my mains, an HT4H for the center channel and some HT5's in the rear. In addition, there is a real sense of space and cohesion among all the channels. Dialogue, effects, and music sound clearer than what I was used to hearing.

I don't know how the Outlaws make a product at this price point that sounds this good, and frankly, it's better that I don't. I'd like to think there are a bunch of magical, electronic-savvy elves working late making these things...

You've made a believer out of me!

[This message has been edited by peteypete (edited March 13, 2004).]

#25536 - 03/14/04 12:43 AM Re: From someone who makes 'em....
bossobass Offline
Desperado

Loc: charlotte, nc usa
Pete,

Just wanted to respond to your post to let you know I read it and to offer a hearty 'welcome aboard'.

It's always great to be able to get inside info.

Looking forward to more from you.

#25537 - 03/15/04 09:22 PM Re: From someone who makes 'em....
peteypete Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for the welcome aboard...

I can see why so many owners log in and post their likes/dislikes/etc on here. With products that perform as well as these, there are bound to be many opinions.

I've just gotta say one more thing about the soundtrack playback through my 950...

The freeway sequence in Matrix Reloaded still has me smirking. LA movie ticket prices are pretty steep, and aside from the communal experience (Ok, and the ego trip of seeing your name in the credit roll), why go to the theater anymore?

Thanks again!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts