Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#25465 - 03/23/04 12:19 AM Re: Why Aren't I Getting Analog Bypass From Analog Outputs of Outlaw 950?
grundrc Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montgomery, TX
You may be saying the same thing here. Not sure. I, too, have a 950/2200 combo. I've discovered that with just having the 5.1 analog connection to the 950, by switching to 6 CH DIRECT, I get great analog 2 channel for CD's and 5.1 for SACD & DVD-A. No reason for a connection to the CD input. It simplifies things greatly.

#25466 - 03/23/04 09:13 PM Re: Why Aren't I Getting Analog Bypass From Analog Outputs of Outlaw 950?
tjandriesen Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Morristown, NJ
gurndrc

In that configuration can you use the stereo bypass?

#25467 - 03/23/04 11:11 PM Re: Why Aren't I Getting Analog Bypass From Analog Outputs of Outlaw 950?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
In that configuration (the same one I use), he uses the 6CH input -- he treats CD's the same as DVD-Audio or SACD discs.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#25468 - 03/24/04 12:23 PM Re: Why Aren't I Getting Analog Bypass From Analog Outputs of Outlaw 950?
grundrc Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montgomery, TX
In that configuration, there is no reason to use stereo by-pass. It does the same thing. It basically puts you in an analog mode. You are only going to get the signal that is on your material. In the case of CDs, Left and Right. In the case of SACDs or DVD-A, 5.1.

#25469 - 03/24/04 03:55 PM Re: Why Aren't I Getting Analog Bypass From Analog Outputs of Outlaw 950?
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
Quote:
In the case of SACDs or DVD-A, 5.1.

Or maybe 3.0, 4.0 or 5.0

#25470 - 03/24/04 06:45 PM Re: Why Aren't I Getting Analog Bypass From Analog Outputs of Outlaw 950?
tekdredger Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Franklin, WI
I don't want to make this issue any more confusing than it already is but there is an important difference when using the multi channel analog inputs vs. the 2 channel stereo inputs. The difference is analog bass management which can't be defeated entirely applies only to the multi-channel inputs. This means if you use the 5.1 inputs all bass info below 80Hz in either the left or right channels will be summed and sent to the subwoofer output jack...even with analog bass management rear panel switch set to "off". The dreaded double bass issue raises it's ugly head once again. The solution is to set the switch to on and engage the hi-pass filtering to the left and right signals or leave it off and turn off the sub amp.
Routing the left and right signals from DVD or CD player to a 2-channel input is a better idea in my opinion. With stereo bypass engaged no signal is present on the sub output if the front speakers are set-up as large. Setting them to small engages the digital bass management and will send a summed bass signal to the output based on the crossover settings. This is double bass again since the front signals will not be rolled off but you can control the crossover frequency. Analog bass management is fixed at 80Hz.
Hope this helps.

------------------
Tekdredger

#25471 - 03/29/04 09:00 PM Re: Why Aren't I Getting Analog Bypass From Analog Outputs of Outlaw 950?
tjandriesen Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Morristown, NJ
So after reading all this I have embarringly discovered I haven't been listening to SACD in the right mode, and worse, that I can't seem to get sound in the 6 Ch mode. Have the cables hooked up correctly (as well as L1/R1 to the CD inputs - maybe this causes a problem). Have tried switching from DTS to 6ch - no sound in either...what am I missing???

#25472 - 03/29/04 11:42 PM Re: Why Aren't I Getting Analog Bypass From Analog Outputs of Outlaw 950?
mthen10 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Hershey, PA USA
Hello all.

I have been having a similar problem to those brought up in this thread. I have a 950/7100 combo and a Denon 2200. I currently have only 2 mains and center channel (the sub and rears are in the works). Allow me to briefly describe the problem that I have been having. I cannot get the center channel to play anything when I switch to direct 6-channel bypass. I currently have the 950 configured to output to a 5.1 system. I wanted to remove that as any possible reason why it would not play out of the center channel. Additionally, the most peculiar part by far is when I am in direct 6-channel bypass and enter the Denon's setup screen and play test tones. The center plays the tone fine when prompted. I can hop right out of that screen and have it play a multichannel SACD and get nothing from the center. The center performs correctly under all other modes that I have tried.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm sure it is something simple that I have missed, but I can't seem to figure it out. I have tried everything that I can think of to fix this. I know that it is not a problem with the interconnect, and from what I mentioned previously, I think it is something with the Denon because the Outlaws seem to pass the signal along fine, but it is set to multi channel and I have tried every possible combination of configurations I can think of.

Thanks for your help.

~Matt

[This message has been edited by mthen10 (edited March 29, 2004).]

#25473 - 03/30/04 06:37 AM Re: Why Aren't I Getting Analog Bypass From Analog Outputs of Outlaw 950?
Nick Satullo Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: highland heights, O hio 44143
By the way . . .

After setting things up, and making my initial post, I THOUGHT I had solved the problem. Then I had some travel, returned, and . . . . I never really had gotten past 2 channel.

However . . .even switching to 6 Ch audio with multichannel SACD only gets me stereo. I have confirmed that the disc is indeed multichannel, as I have played it in multichannel on my other SACD player.

Houston, we have a problem. There might be a compatibility issue with the Denon 2200, but, whatever it is, it needs to get addressed right now. My hope is that the folks at Outlaw will address the problem.

Thanks,

Nick Satullo

#25474 - 03/30/04 08:18 AM Re: Why Aren't I Getting Analog Bypass From Analog Outputs of Outlaw 950?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
This is all quite odd... Let's see if we can track down some possible solutions. I doubt that there's a compatibility issue between the two units, since we're talking about nothing more than an analog input.

First, if you switch to the 6ch input and get only left and right channels, make sure you are switching to that input from a multichannel input. If you switch to it from an input configured to play back in stereo, the 6ch input only enables the left and right channels -- it's a known bug. Switch through an input using some surround processing (any surround processing), and you'll get all six channels.

If you are switching to the 6ch input from another input that is in surround mode, and you still get no sound or only stereo sound, it is time to (1) check all interconnects to be sure none are loose and (2) dig into the Denon's setup menu. I know some SACD players have to be told whether to play back in multichannel mode or in stereo mode, since the SACD format was originally stereo only, and the default for the 2200 might be stereo. There is a note on page 14 of the 2200's manual that says "Set the “SUPER AUDIO CD” setting under “AUDIO SETUP” to “MULTI”." -- I'd check to see that "Super Audio CD" in Audio Setup is set to Multichannel and not stereo or CD (if it was set to CD, a non-hybrid SACD might cause tjandriesen's problems). I'd also make sure "Audio Channels" was set to "multichannel" as well.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts