Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#24990 - 12/30/03 03:14 PM new member
Rene Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: So. Cal.
Hello to all you outlaws. I have been reading this Forum in search of user info on the 950 before purchasing one. I've been auditioning pre/pros and was stuck in deciding between the following: Sunfire, BK, Lexicon, Marantz. Most of these pre/pros was auditioned at the past WCES in Las Vegas. I've never auditioned the 950. I relied on all your comments and HT magazine review of the 950. So for the price it was a no brainer. The 950s 30 days return, and all the surround modes I care to use. It was hard to beat.

Having the 950 in my system for over a week now, was an eye opening experience. Having been able to listen to Mega $$ systems at the WCES, for example the MBL room was quite a listening experience, but when one considers over $100k to extra that last drop of detail from the source LP/CD/SACD, you're dead smack in the middle of, point of diminishing return.

It was easy for me to go purchase the 950 blind. I figured 30 day was long enough for me. Actually it only took one or 2 CDs for my auditioning to decide wheter I was keeping the 950 or was I going to return it. The 2 channel stereo reproduction in this price range is, untouchable. Going up in price range, one has to spend upwards of $5k to extract, that costly last detail of reproduction an audiophile is willing to hear.

The multi-Channel performance is awesome, IMHO. And if I already did not have my custom 250 watts monoblocks for the 3 front channels, I would have gone for the amp & pre/pro deal.

I would like to thank all the members of this great forum for all the inputs and comments in helping me with the blind purchase of the 950.

Steve, hell no you ain't gettin this one back

#24991 - 12/30/03 04:04 PM Re: new member
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Welcome to the forum and the Outlaw family, Rene. It's always good to hear about folks getting new toys they enjoy.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Who's Online
0 registered (), 69 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts