Well, I've had my 950 for about two weeks now and wanted to share my thoughts about it. I was using a Carver C-4000 preamp and a Technics, SH-AC500D external processor before getting the 950. For power a pair of Adcom 555s one Adcom 2535 and a Sunfire subwoofer. (starting to sound like the 12 days of Christmas) First off, sound quality. I found the 950 to be excellent, equal to or exceeding the Carver in every respect, detail, soundstage and dynamic range. As far as decoding the 950 easily surpasses the Technics. I may have a problem with the output to the sub dropping out. I’m in the process of determining if it’s the sub, cable or preamp. I called Outlaw and the tech there was very helpful suggesting the same course of action, which I planned on performing to determine where the fault is. Stay tuned. I haven’t had time to play with the tuner section yet but may this coming weekend. One thing that I would like to see is better resolution on the base and treble adjustments. 1db instead of 2db increments. Once over the short learning curve in setting up, the preamp is quite user friendly. I think the remote learning curve is a bit longer. All in all I would say it’s a real bargin

Cheers and happy holidays
Joe