Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#24742 - 11/30/03 01:17 AM speaker selection problems
trident1 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Have the 950/7100 for a while. very happy. just bought speakers for 5.1 and outdoor speakers for deck (2nd zone use). help on:

1- have 2 front, 1 center, 2 rear(back) and sub (svs) (no mid center surrounds). Can't get sound from back speakers except in 7 channel - no other modes. Think all is calibrated right. Why none of the other modes with rear sound?? (test modes give audio)Ideas?

2- How do I assign (on the 950) what I want to the outdoor deck speakers? I will connect the speakers to my (unused) 2 center surround outputs (for power since I won't use a 7.1, just 5.1) on the 7100, and will want to have them play what the 2 mains(bypass) play at the same time outside. Manual and me trying hasen't helped.

I use bypass all the time for cd and tuner and works great for mains. Help on above.
Thanks,

Trident1

#24743 - 11/30/03 07:24 AM Re: speaker selection problems
Rambilt Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: TX, USA
I curently have the same setup as you, 950/7100 combo setup in 5.1 instead of 7.1 mode. Everything works with mine.

Try using the left surround and right surround channels instead of right surround back and left surround back channels.

Using multi-zone in page 29 of the 950 manual should help you setup your system. You must use the analog output of the source (cd, dvd) player at least that's what the manual states. I haven't tried it myself though.

Hope my suggestions helps. Anyway, how do you like your SVS sub? What model do you have?
Rocket RS750 (surround)
SVS 20-39 PCI

#24744 - 11/30/03 03:59 PM Re: speaker selection problems
trident1 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thanks. Did get rears to work with them on the surround hookups. Don't have the outdoor ones installed yet but still can't figure how to get stereo bypass (for better sound) to 2nd zone as well as on my mains.

SVS is 26-31 PC-Plus. Listened to lots of others (some way more $$) and this one's incredible. Great on music and movie,good quality build, and way more bass than I really need (which is better than the other way around).

#24745 - 11/30/03 04:59 PM Re: speaker selection problems
Rambilt Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: TX, USA
trident

From what I understand the bypass only works on analog input. Try installing your cd or dvd audio out to one of the analog inputs of the 950. You should then be able to utilized the bypass mode.

Hope this helps.... I haven't really tried it. I was just reading the manual.

I'm thinking of buying the 20-39 PCI. I'm kind of skeptical right now because my expectations are too high and don't really want to get disappointed. Thanks for the info anyway... Maybe the LFM-1 will do just as good.
Rocket RS750 (surround)
SVS 20-39 PCI

#24746 - 11/30/03 06:32 PM Re: speaker selection problems
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Glad to hear that Rambilt got you squared away on the surrounds.

From what I read in your first post, you are using stereo bypass already for your CD player and separate tuner. If you want to run a separate set of speakers, the best bet is to use the second zone as Rambilt suggested. You would connect whatever amp drives your outdoor speakers to the "Zone Out" on the rear of the 950. Then, following the directions on page 36 of the manual (also outlined some on page 29), you can enable or disable that second zone, select the input used for the second zone, and control the volume level. The 950's second zone is purely analog, so there is no stereo bypass involved.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM