Been considoring the 950 pre/proc, but I am having some reservations. Hopfully you folks can clear some of this up for me. I am currently running the following:

Paradigm Studio 100 Version 3 Mains
Mirage M-790 (Floorstanders) Rears
Mirage CC (forgot the model, upgrading to Paradigm)

Velodyne Sub
Marantz rec. for decoding movies
Foreplay Tube pre-amp (many mods)for 2 channel
Anthem MCA-30 - Center, L&R Surrounds
Anthem MCA-20 - Main Speaks (bi-amped)
Carver a500-x - Main Speaks (bi-amped)
Monarchy 24/96 DIP
Monarchy 48/96 Upsampler DIP
MSB Nelson DAC III
Heavily modified Marantz CD-63 (Blackgate caps, etc...)
Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable
Creek Phone Pre (modified)

The marantz reciever absolutely sucks for decoding and sound as all marantz recievers do, and the Foreplay is beautiful. But, switching cables is bothersome. I have read many comments on the 950, and it appears that it has more than its share of issues. The lack of professional reviews concerns me, and no - audioreview.com does not qualify (Wal-Mart of the review sites). Where are the Stereophile type reviews? What I am looking for is a completely black background, no hiss, and nothing added to the 2-channel bypass. Is this possible? Also, what grade components are inside, specifically all the output caps and resistors, what type of wire is used internally? Basically, what level of parts and wire in the signal path? The best upgrade I did to my Paradigm and Mirage is to replace all the internal wiring with good OFC. Same with my Foreplay - best internal wire available. Am I expecting to much for the price point? Thanks in advance.