Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#24532 - 11/11/03 07:27 PM popping noise in 950 pre-
hopkinstk Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I have owned a 950 for about 2.5 months now. I have a loud popping noise coming from from SVS sub. The tech support suggested that I switch out amps to isolate the problem. This was done, no help. I changed the amp,interconnects, tried my old sub, which has an internal amp. None of this resolved the poping electronic noise coming from the sub pre-out. The noise is audible when I change the source, change channels on my PACE HD/Digital TV tuner, change the crossover points on the speakers, and when a DVD swithes from 5.1 to DD 2.0 at the end of the DVD. The pre-amp has exceptional sound quality. The cheap sounding noise when changing the above parameters can not be normal. If anyone has a clue as to what is the problem, please reply to this post. As of yet, no response fron Outlaw tech support, although they have been excellent throughout this problem. First contacted them two days after install. Tried all of their recommendations: Re-set pre, switched amps, switched interconnects, very annoying problem for such a high quality piece of electronic. What else? Thanks, Terry

#24533 - 11/11/03 10:38 PM Re: popping noise in 950 pre-
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

I'm pretty sure that this is a longshot, but given all that you've tried so far...

Does your sub have a three position power switch (off, standby, on)? If it's on standby try setting it to on and leaving it there. My B&W ASW1000 had a similar problem and that was the cure. Don't know why mind you. But it worked.

Good luck.

Jeff Mackwood

Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM