Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#24441 - 11/07/03 10:53 AM Re: House Struck by Lightning
Nostalgia Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
Rayban,

The only problem with coverage like that is, they can deny you if *every* device connected to the burned equipment is not connected to the Monster protector. That includes other components, cable/antenna wires, phone lines, etc, etc.

IOW, if you have your french-fried prepro and PlayStation2 connected to the surge protector, and your PlayStation2 is connected to a phone line, and connected to the prepro thru RCAs, they will say, sorry, the PlayStation's phone line connection caused the problem and you're not covered.

There was some discussion on this in another forum, HTF I believe.

-Joe

------------------
Remember the Intellivision?
http://www.gotmaille.com/nostalgia/

#24442 - 11/07/03 12:18 PM Re: House Struck by Lightning
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I would recommend the "Brickwall" purchase after some research in my past. I’ve ignored my own advice and do not own them yet since I had a protect in a hurry situation going on here, when first gathering a new HT system and stopped when I got some basic coverage. The home office surge protection failing just rattled my cage and a quick rough out with my calculator without the odds and ends, shows I have over 16K in my main HT alone, and a combined 12K in gifts to our parents. I read the fine print insur. policies bundled with Surge Protection and determined that there was a little too much wiggle room for the manufacture to deny a claim to engender confidence that I would be covered. You have to ship the fried products in for evaluation and since I once had Cannon deny a lens coverage warranty with a note that they had determined that the operator had ‘dropped the unit on a hard surface at time of failure” for an (internal clog to the units focus ring had fractured). Which was incorrect…I argued I DID not drop it, they argued back I had. I was sitting quietly in a chair photographing hummingbirds when I heard the ‘CLINK” and the part broke. We opened the lens after coverage was denied to see what part HAD gone wrong cheapest plastic and it had just cracked cleanly in half.
I could see having a toasted prepro shipped back to me, with an official determination that they had decided the electronics in question must not have been plugged into their product at the time of failure or some similar malarkey.

There are inexpensive ways to do protection. A whole home main electrical panel protector can be added by an electrician for a minimal amount. (then your toasters safe ) Yet when I researched this I wanted [Series] type protection at the main P and could not find that on a product for whole house application. When in a hurry and just starting out I purchased a Panamax for my HT, which I have been happy with. The convenience factor of a one box solution with coaxial line coverage and weeks of storms were the motivating factor at that time. Last time I checked the Brickwall site although seriously courting audiophiles had yet to come up with one unit including phone/cable line protection.

When I grabbed a Panamax I was not sure (all by my lonesome) how to integrate separate products to cover the coaxial so went for the P5300?

Now I need to cover my Mom’s setup which has 3 coaxial (2 for cable, 1 for satelite) and revamp my Home Office Protection since I have worn the MOV’s out there as indicated in my first post.

Maybe time to see if Brickwall will offer a discount to me on a purchase of 4 units. Two for me, one each for the parents.

How do group buys get done? Is this legal, permissible? Any here at Outlaw interested in vamping up a bulk order with “Brickwall” and trying to acquire a steal of a deal?!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM