Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2425 - 07/26/02 12:53 PM Re: Do Pre Outs Break Power Amp Inputs?
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
You could balance with a sound meter... leave the clip in place, connect the output from one amp, and measure the level. Then connect the other amp and adjust the level so that it is even. Then remove the clip and connect both amps.

Since the volume control affects both the preamp and amp outputs, I think this would work.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#2426 - 07/27/02 12:58 PM Re: Do Pre Outs Break Power Amp Inputs?
EricH Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta Ga
Well guys- haven't bi amped yet, but the tricky business of pushing the tweeters to hard still bothers me. The best way would be to use 2- 5ch amps, but that's too much money.
The more I read, I get the impression that just adding more power would be best.
e

#2427 - 07/27/02 04:11 PM Re: Do Pre Outs Break Power Amp Inputs?
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vista, CA USA
Hello,
I'm currently running two four-channel amps (HK PA 2000's) and one Carver amp. The easiest way to bi-amp is to use two channels with a common input per speaker. One two-channel amp per speaker, or go multi-channel. If you use matched amps, let the crossovers in the speakers do their job, and calibrate overall with an SPL meter, then you will have excellent results. The end result is well worth the money (IMHO).
Mix

#2428 - 08/17/02 03:03 PM Re: Do Pre Outs Break Power Amp Inputs?
EricH Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta Ga
Well guys, looks like my pre outs are screwed up. I had problems with the amp overloading and accused my seller of sending me a bum amp, but today I tested the amp with a funky old pro logic reciever that has 2 pre outs and it worked fine. I tryed the 2 channels across all the amp channels and it's OK.
I never used the pres before, so it looks like I'll have to pay to get it fixed cause I'm well past the warranty period. At least that's what I think-I'll find out Monday when I can get the Outlaw guys on the phone.

Bummer
Eric

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 116 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts