Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#24127 - 11/24/03 05:52 PM Re: Shipping-Canada
JerryR Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
I've put together a list of ways to reduce your costs when importing stuff into Canada. Post your email address and I'll send it to you.

Jeff Mackwood
Canada

Hi Jeff,
It's nice too see that someone has put the effort forward to help other Canadian Outlaws reduce their import costs to the Great North (land of a million lakes).
Being a happy owner of one of their first products (1050 Receiver), I often wondered how I could receive additional quality products from Outlaw, while not having the surcharge of duty costs and the additional cost of the U.S. exchange rate. Even though, it's still the best value out there!
I've even considered the recent trade-in program towards upgrading to the 950, but, I know that I will greatly miss my receiver and it's fine sound.
Would you please include me on your email list!
Thanks in advance.

JerryR
Toronto
passat1819@myway.com

#24128 - 11/24/03 06:07 PM Re: Shipping-Canada
gsquared Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: London, Ontario Canada
Jeff

could you please email me your hints on minimizing the landed cost of Outlaw equipment in Canada

gglinavs@serix.com

Thanks

G^2

BTW any Outlaw owners in SW Ontario (London???)

#24129 - 11/27/03 02:00 PM Re: Shipping-Canada
tvd51 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
I'm in BC and I just received 950 yesterday. It took exactly one week with UPS ground (S&H cost USD 34). I paid CAD 64 for brokerage fee. I also paid GST & PST because I coundn't use any tips Jeff suggested. It's interesting that they didn't charge me for duty even though 950 is made in Malaysia.
tvd51

#24130 - 11/27/03 02:55 PM Re: Shipping-Canada
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

Unfortunately Outlaw insists on using UPS for shipments to Canada. As my note above mentions, and tvd51 confirms, UPS' brokerage fees are way too high. He was charged $64 Cdn. The first tip on my tip sheet, which I have just confirmed with Canada Post, is that Canada Post only charges a flat $5 Cdn fee for brokerage on all parcels coming in via USPS - regardless of value. UPS uses a sliding scale. Imagine what the brokerage charges would have been if tvd51's order had included more gear!

Since I know that the Outlaws scan these threads, if they are reading this one here's big suggestion: see if there is any way that you can use USPS for Canada-bound shipments. The net cost to us buyers is way too high because of UPS - and is a buying deterent. I would personally gladly accept a few extras days of delivery time - if that's what would be involved in using USPS instead. I will specifically hold off buying an LFM-1 until the next time I will be travelling to the US and can have it delivered to me there - specifically to save the brokerage fees (and perhaps some duties and taxes - as my tip sheet points out). But since I've got no trips booked, that could be a while. I'd order one today if it could be shipped via USPS.

Just a suggestion.

Jeff Mackwood

#24131 - 11/27/03 09:57 PM Re: Shipping-Canada
digitaltinker Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hi,
I'd like to put in a request to get a copy of the tips on shipping to Canada.

Thanks in advance!
Digitaltinker

digitaltinker@hotmail.com

#24132 - 12/12/03 02:35 PM Re: Shipping-Canada
portage1975 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: winnipeg, mb, canada
I would greatly appreciate your list Jeff- many thanks from frosty Winnipeg!
portage1975@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Mackwood:
This topic comes up from time to time.

You will get dinged for additional taxes, duties, and brokerage fees - which have been reported as anywhere from "high" to "outrageous."

I've put together a list of ways to reduce your costs when importing stuff into Canada. Post your email address and I'll send it to you.

Jeff Mackwood
Canada

#24133 - 12/30/03 06:32 PM Re: Shipping-Canada
Dannic Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Edmonton,Alberta, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Mackwood:
Unfortunately Outlaw insists on using UPS for shipments to Canada. As my note above mentions, and tvd51 confirms, UPS' brokerage fees are way too high. He was charged $64 Cdn. The first tip on my tip sheet, which I have just confirmed with Canada Post, is that Canada Post only charges a flat $5 Cdn fee for brokerage on all parcels coming in via USPS - regardless of value. UPS uses a sliding scale. Imagine what the brokerage charges would have been if tvd51's order had included more gear!

Since I know that the Outlaws scan these threads, if they are reading this one here's big suggestion: see if there is any way that you can use USPS for Canada-bound shipments. The net cost to us buyers is way too high because of UPS - and is a buying deterent. I would personally gladly accept a few extras days of delivery time - if that's what would be involved in using USPS instead. I will specifically hold off buying an LFM-1 until the next time I will be travelling to the US and can have it delivered to me there - specifically to save the brokerage fees (and perhaps some duties and taxes - as my tip sheet points out). But since I've got no trips booked, that could be a while. I'd order one today if it could be shipped via USPS.

Just a suggestion.

Jeff Mackwood

Hi Jeff,

I am interested in purchasing some Outlaw equipment. I would appreciate if you could send me your list of ways to reduce costs when importing into Canada.

Thanks in advance

tbattistella@hotmail.com

Onix Rockets 850 Mains
RSC 200 Centre
RS 300 Surrounds
RK 250 Rears

Marantz DV 9500 DVD
Panasonic BD-55 Blu Ray Player
JVC RS 20 Projector
106" DaLite HP Screen

Outlaw Interconnects
Blue Jeans Cables

#24134 - 01/03/04 12:55 AM Re: Shipping-Canada
I_am_BS Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Saskatoon, Sask, Canada
Also interested in that information. Thanks in advance

Wow...i think i was sleeping when i replied...guess an email addy would help i_am_bs@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Or maybe you could convince outlaw to post your info up someplace under FAQ or something.

[This message has been edited by I_am_BS (edited January 03, 2004).]

#24135 - 01/03/04 08:47 AM Re: Shipping-Canada
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
Jeff,
Just a quick question? Has your send key started smoking yet........lol? Just had to get that in Thats what I like about this forum, every one is willing to go out of there way to help. Hats off to Jeff.......You da man

Lasher

#24136 - 01/06/04 05:12 PM Re: Shipping-Canada
tvd51 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
I'm thinking of buying Outlaw cables, but UPS told me that the brokerage fee was nearly CAD 40, about 1/3 of the cost of the cables. It doesn't sound reasonable to me.
Come on, Outlaw. Add another option for shipping.
tvd51

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts