Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#2391 - 07/02/02 04:00 PM I need component video switching - New 1050?
new_house_need_HT Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I'm in the market for a HT reciever but I need to have HDTV component video switching. I was interested in the 1050 but it doesn't have the component video switching. My budget does not allow me to jump up to the 950/770 package unfortunately. I want to be around $1000 or less. That should be do-able for a decent receiver. Any chance you will be coming out with something this summer that is worth waiting for? If not I'll probably go with the Onkyo Integra DTR-6.3 as that has most of the features I'm looking for. I do realize that you have to go through proper channels for product announcements but if you could give me something to work with like 'check back in August or September and you might be suprised', I'll wait. However, if it is far on the horizon (or not at all) I'll just look elsewhere for a receiver. Your products look good (except for the ugly green power button) and have gotten good reviews unfortunately there is no middle of the road product for me. Just the 1050 on the low end and the 950/770 on the high end. Thanks.

#2392 - 07/02/02 06:50 PM Re: I need component video switching - New 1050?
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Check Radio Shack and assorted places for stand-alone video switchers. It's an extra button press, but it also beats blowing a lot of money on the 950/770 when you don't need the power and features.

There will probably be an update to the 1050 sooner or later, but who knows when. The Outlwas have only said that it probably won't be too soon; they have other priorities such as the 950 and their internet tuner to worry about for now, and the 1050 is still selling well. We also have no assurances that the 1050's successor, whenever it appears, will have component video switching.

As of the information that we have now, I wouldn't wait for a component-video switching receiver from the Outlaws.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#2393 - 07/31/02 10:14 AM Re: I need component video switching - New 1050?
PhilF Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

If your TV has component video inupt ports, there is no reason you need one on your receiver. In my case, my HDTV monitor has two sets of component video input, so I just connect the DVD player directly to one set, and the other set can be used for set-top-box video input.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts