Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#23796 - 03/23/07 12:11 PM Re: Silver vs. Copper IC's, Bullett RCA or normal RCA?
Lizard King Offline
Desperado

Loc: NY
Yes they are Eichmanns.
HSU VTF-2 Mk2 sub x2
VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp
ARC SP16-L tube Preamp
Audio Note Dac 2.1 "B" signature
Furutech E-TP80,
Ascend HTM-200, 340C
Sony KDS-55A2020

#23797 - 07/14/09 09:49 PM Re: Silver vs. Copper IC's, Bullett RCA or normal RCA?
charlie Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by Videodrome:
However, your comments presume a lot and fall into the same traps I see with many people who have engineering / technical backgrounds: Namely, there is a presumption that audible differences in interconnects (1) either do not exist or are minimal; and (2) that looking at the cable solely from the construction / materials standpoint alone is somehow indicative of how it will sound in your system. [/QB]
Where I decided it was snake oil was when the same people who claimed they could hear cable sound started to claim the same for digital signal interconnects used for things like DD.

I'll sell you some Ethernet cable that will make the web browsing experience more vibrant and life like. Might as well.

#23798 - 07/23/09 06:35 PM Re: Silver vs. Copper IC's, Bullett RCA or normal RCA?
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by charlie:
[QB] Where I decided it was snake oil was when the same people who claimed they could hear cable sound started to claim the same for digital signal interconnects used for things like DD.
I agree. Unfortunately, after someone has dropped hundreds or thousands of dollars on exotic cabling it becomes more of a bragging rights and face saving issue. So you'll be hard pressed to get any of those folks to say "er...it didn't really make any difference."

I remember reading a few reports of some of those MIT network boxes having either nothing inside or having a simple Zobel network to make flaky amps more tolerant of potentially bizarre impedance mismatches. However, try convincing someone who dropped a few grand on a set of speaker cables that it would be fun to open the little box at the end, possibly damaging the "bling" effect. Google is your friend.

Best,

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts