Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#23441 - 11/21/04 10:51 AM Re: DIY Speaker Cable
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
While it would be nice to improve on the cable photos, by the photos you already have posted it appears you have taken great care in the construction of the cables. Careful craftsmanship, even if time consuming, is in some ways its own reward. I get that impression from your work.

Depending on what kind of information the EQ will give you about the results of its automatic adjustments, it would be interesting to run several times through, to gauge what the average findings are if they vary slightly each time the EQ setup is run, with one set of cables then switch to the other and do the same, and afterwards compare the averages.

#23442 - 11/21/04 11:43 AM Re: DIY Speaker Cable
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
thats the plan for the eq.

pic quality is as good as i can get with one old digital camera and one camera phone, both about 1.2 megapixel.

thanks for the support.

#23443 - 11/28/04 08:45 AM Re: DIY Speaker Cable
Sound Killer Offline
Gunslinger

WOW~~~~~~ although I didn't take the time to look at all those pics, but your HT sucks like shit. I was highly disappointed. It is mediocre at best! It blows major hard!! Shame on you! I don't even feel like doing a full review on this shit; it's neither worth it nor my time. I suggest you look at professional’s set up to give you an idea on how to set up a HT properly. Anyway……….. Here we go.

Your tire-speaker setup is dirty and OK, but nothing worth rooting over here. Honestly, I did expect much more out of your HT, but I can't complain a whole lot. The screw driver pic was very sexy, but un-necessary & I claim that it was the nastiest pic I ever seen. It is a travesty & it ruined everything! Not acceptable! If you can take that shit out of you HT it should look much better. JESUS CHRIST………… Next……..

Your sound card pic has a few moments. It's worth checking out, although I can’t see a damn thing…. I think it is not as good as the first one (the tire speaker one, you know?). The card’s construction quality looks stink also, so bad. I bet there are some flaws in that card, but it is better than nothing. Next……..

The network card is a bit weak & I bet it runs slow at most moments. Is that 5BASE T card? Anyway, it's still enjoyable to see a stuff like this inside a HT. It is a good pic, but not great. I expected more, but didn't get what I hoped for. Next…..

Finally the cable. Tell you the truth, I used to dislike audio quest cables, mainly because they had ugly logos. But, I just hope that this will be as okay as your first DIY cable.

Bottom line- this is a very strange home theater. I really have nothing to say about it, but I've given you all my words and suggestions for improving your setup. That should be good enough. If you don't see this, you are missing out!

PS- You better upgrade your Digi camera to higher pixel. I can’t see a damn thing!!

#23444 - 11/28/04 09:13 AM Re: DIY Speaker Cable
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
I'm not really sure that was necessary.

#23445 - 11/28/04 10:52 AM Re: DIY Speaker Cable
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
maybe not necessary but funny and deserving.
eye for an eye(slam for a slam).
seems like our mutual friend likes to have a slamfest on anybody he thinks is deserving.but i do think this is getting out of control.i do like coming to the saloon, maybe the bouncer should say a few words....

#23446 - 11/28/04 11:42 AM Re: DIY Speaker Cable
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
OK, kids, I think this has gotten entirely out of hand. I'll be the first to admit to having had a number of disagreements with curegeorg over the last year or so. But personal attacks and profanity don't belong in this forum. If you feel that any specific posts by curegeorg warrant discipline of some sort, click on the "Report Post" button under the post and express your concerns to Outlaw - let the moderators take care of it. Don't spout childish vitriol out of spite.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 100 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM