Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#23412 - 09/07/04 01:42 PM Outlaw Component Cables
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
I noticed that my Outlaw PCA's have the Outlaw Logo printed in Blue on one cable (left) and Red on the other (right). The PSC's that I have are only in yellow. I was wondering if it is possible to get three of the PSC cables with the Outlaw Logo in three different colors? The Logo in Red, Green and Blue on each cable for use with component connections?

If Outlaw does not make the cables with this option, what methods do you Outlaws use to identify the component cables? Please provide a link to places that sell items necesssary for your ideas.

Thanks

------------------
MeanGene's Home

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#23413 - 09/07/04 03:38 PM Re: Outlaw Component Cables
dengor Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: newtown, pa us
I went to a stationery store and bought a box of door/auto key identification rings. Eech is a stiff paper disk, about 3/4 inch in diameter, with a metal wire ring that goes through a hole in the disk near the edge. The intended use is to write what the key is for on the paper, and work the wire ring through the key-ring hole in the top of the key so it cannot fall off.

I write the cable description on the paper disc, bend open the wire ring so it fits around the connector and onto the cable, and then bend it back so it cannot fall off.

The box of about 25 cost no more than a few dollars. This was the "deluxe" units, that have a wire edge guard around the paper disk.

[This message has been edited by dengor (edited September 07, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by dengor (edited September 07, 2004).]

#23414 - 09/07/04 04:40 PM Re: Outlaw Component Cables
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
My solution is not likely to be of much use to you, I'm afraid. For a long time, I had pieces of blue painter's masking tape around some of my cables (including PCA's) just behind the connectors with notes identifying the associated gear written on the tape with a black Sharpie. It helped to remind me which cables were coming from or going to the VCR and which were from the cable box. Slightly tacky and sometimes a bit cluttered looking, but the tape doesn't leave any adhesive goop on the cables and sticks to itself very well. There are much cleaner looking methods of cable identification, many of which may be available from computer supply sites (I found some stuff at CDW.com from Panduit and Leviton that might have potential), but I've never seriously pursued them. If you find something, I'd be curious to hear about it.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#23415 - 09/09/04 03:26 PM Re: Outlaw Component Cables
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

I was thinking along the lines of:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=161

------------------
MeanGene's Home

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#23416 - 09/09/04 03:38 PM Re: Outlaw Component Cables
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
That chrome motorcycle engine would look T*ts in my entertainment center!

#23417 - 09/09/04 05:48 PM Re: Outlaw Component Cables
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
I use colored electrical tape. I have red, white, black, yellow, green and blue. I use it to color code all my interconnects and speaker cables with a consistent scheme.

#23418 - 09/14/04 12:41 AM Re: Outlaw Component Cables
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

In my searching I noticed that shrink tube is very expensive. Why? What is the markup on shrink tubing anyway?

------------------
MeanGene's Home

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#23419 - 09/14/04 12:50 AM Re: Outlaw Component Cables
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
yeah, shrink tubing is high as h. dont even think about adhesive shrink tubing... it probably costs about .10 and they charge 2.50.

on a side note, i have seen it at some home stores for not much $$.
------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

[This message has been edited by curegeorg (edited September 14, 2004).]

#23420 - 09/14/04 11:01 PM Re: Outlaw Component Cables
arica9 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bethel, CT, USA
You might check this place out. I've not done business with them and don't know how their pricing compares but they sure maintain a complete inventory with plenty of solutions.

http://cableorganizer.com/

#23421 - 09/19/04 12:32 PM Re: Outlaw Component Cables
jeffdavis Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Columbia, SC
I bought a pack of color "Sharpie" pens that I use to mark lighter cables, such as the Outlaw cables. It's relatively inexpensive, you get all of the colors that you'll need, and you can use these for lots of other marking purposes. You can use multiple rings of the same color to differentiate the cables. An example is one cable with a single red ring on each end for the right channel of Video 1, three red rings on each end of a cable for the right channel of Video 3, etc. It's cheap, simple and wears for a long time.

Jeff
LR: ARC Reference 1 | Emotiva XPR-2 | Music Hall MMF2.2 | Oppo BDP-83SE | Polk XRt12 XM Receiver | Emotiva XDA-1 DAC | Sony HAP-S1 (digital audio player) | Sansui TU-217 Tuner | Magnepan 3.6R w/Mye-Stands | SVS SB-16 sub | BA VR-M90s | Audio Quest 72db speaker cable
Office: Drobo 5N running as PLEX media server
Closet: too many pieces to put all into place, I need more rooms smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM