I have been selling audio/video for years now, and have been using it for many years. Over that time I have had the opportunity to use a variety of cables of all levels of cost and acclaim. I used to be a big supporter of good cabling equals good performance, but I have come to the conclusion that while audio interconnects (analog) can influence the characteristics of the sound that you hear, digital cables and video cables do very little. Furthermore the difference b/n cheap OEM audio interconnect cables vs a moderately priced name brand interconnect are noticeable, while a moderately priced to expensive interconnect are hardly evident. There are important things to consider about interconnects/cables in general: gauge, shielding, connectors, conductors. I try to approach my purchasing decisions in audio on a cost effective basis, i.e. is it worth the money or not. Having said that, my goal is always to acquire something that I am happy with regardless of the cost. The way to do that is to TRY out different approaches and see what you like. That is the great thing about audio, other than the electrical properies it is all about taste. I like what I like and you like what you like. One more thing, think about what kind of cabling a manufacturer puts in their products (its not $100 per foot) and then you can see how futile it is to make your system better by spending a ton on cables, instead buy better components or send me the money and ill hook you up with some good cables for moderate prices. i tell customers to think of a audio signal and the cabling that you want like water in a hose, you dont want the water to leak out of the hose at the connection, you dont want it to be restricted in flowing, and you dont want a hose that is too small so that it cant let all the water out. if you want specifics about my cabling that i use now and what i have tried let me know, keeping in that mind that i dont have to pay retail prices for it :-).