Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#23080 - 06/03/03 11:24 PM Connecting TV without component connections
daddy_guy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Redwood City, Ca USA
OK. I'm still living in the stone age when it comes to the latest TV's with all the newest and coolest goodies ( I am moving to an Outlaw 950/755 combo soon, so I will kinda join the 21st century...). My only choices are S-Video or composite video connections. Right now I use a pretty good S-Video cable (Straightwire Silver S)for most video connections, and wondered if Outlaws PSC cable would work well as a composite video connection. Anyone ever try any kind of comparisons? Any ideas???

#23081 - 06/27/03 06:31 PM Re: Connecting TV without component connections
master of disaster Offline
Gunslinger

from what I understand coaxial cables are designed for composite connections so it should work great!Let me know if you try this as I have been curious how much of an improvement a psc cable would make-for my vcr for example.By the way s video should be superior to composite connection,regardless of the cable.

#23082 - 06/27/03 07:44 PM Re: Connecting TV without component connections
daddy_guy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Redwood City, Ca USA
I have always figured that a good S-Video cable(Straightwire is a quality S-Video cable, in my opinion)usually outshined almost any composite cable, but Outlaws' PSCs seems to be a cut above most of the standard composite type cables...(just like everything else they offer).....
kinda wondered why Outlaw has never made a S-Video cable for us "stone age" folks....I will do some comparisons and let everyone know what I discover...I plan on using PSC's for both digital audio and possibly some video connections anyway, so a little experimenting should be fun....
anyone else care to chime in????????????? I need all the help I can get, and I feel all you Outlaws out there writing in these forums are some of the smartest, wisest, and most helpful gunslingers around!!!

#23083 - 06/30/03 07:53 AM Re: Connecting TV without component connections
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
As a matter of fact, Outlaw has plans to release an s-video cable in the near future (it was mentioned in a newsletter earlier this year). I'm looking forward to them, as my system is currently wired entirely in s-video (a combination of older Better Cables, Better Cables' Silver Serpent, and Blue Jeans Cables s-vid).

I haven't had an opportunity to experiment with the PSC's, since my video cabling is all s-video and the only coax digital output I have in the system at the moment is on my digital cable box. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts if you do some experimenting.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts