Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#22932 - 11/16/02 02:37 PM Component Cables
tps123 Offline
Gunslinger

How do the outlaw PSC cables compare to BetterCables Silver Serpant component cable.

Is the Outlaw cable worht the extra cost.

Thanks
TPS

#22933 - 11/16/02 04:04 PM Re: Component Cables
Iggy The Dog Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: The Dog House
I'm only a dog, so what do I know, but my master says that there is likely to be a considerable difference between using the BetterCables Silver Serpent Component and the Outlaw PSC.

* The Silver Serpent is not true silver, but rather a silver-coated/copper center construction. Since you are dealing wtih video in the frequency range up to 50 MHz tops, (as opposed to RF cable use where you can go to a gig) it is essential to have the center core have good conductivity. In essence, using coated cables for baseband applications is a waste. Outlaw is solid silver, all the way through to the core.

* You really can't compare the Silver Serpent COMPONENT to the PSC, as it is mini-coax, while the PSC is a full size coax. A better comparison would be to match the standard Silver Serpent composite video cable, which is full-sized, vs. the PSC. There, you have a distinct price difference in favor of Outlaw, with $49.99 for a 1.2 meter PSC vs. $79.99 for the Serpent. Multiply that times three and the economic weight goes clearly to the Outlaw. AND you still have the issue of silver coated vs. solid silver.

* Both appear to have impeadance matched, 75 ohm connectors, so that's a push.

In actual use, the difference should be slim to none, with the Outlaw probably having an edge. On cost, it's no contest: you'll save over $150 by going with Outlaw.

But, again, I'm only a dog...

ARF ARF says Iggy!

ARF, ARF says Iggy

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM