Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#22738 - 12/11/05 06:58 PM Hiss and noise with ICBM between preamp/amps
Jeffer65 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Wisconsin
I'm having the same hiss and noise as the person describes below (he never got an answer here).
I have my ICBM connected between my Marantz AV9000 and amps. My cables are pretty good, I have my system connected to an Adcom line conditioner(except the ICBM). The ICBM stays on all the time. Through all the channels, I hear a hiss all the time, and faint clicking when I adjust the volume or change sources. Granted you have to be close (2-3 feet) to the speakers to hear but it is a little annoying. I'd like to keep the ICBM connected this way because the added bass management capablities improves the sound of my entire system. I'm pretty sure it's the ICBM. If I take out of the setup, the hiss.clicking goes away.
Anyone here or from Tech support help me out?
Thanks - Jeffer65

From Bensen98;
I hooked up my ICBM to my Marantz SR18ex through the Preamps In/Outs. Now whenever I change inputs (ex CD to TV) or turn the volume all the way off I get this thump/pop noise out of my speakers.
I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or knows of a work around. Its not a loud noise but I still am worried that it is doing damage to my speakers and it is annyoing.

Thanks

#22739 - 12/11/05 09:51 PM Re: Hiss and noise with ICBM between preamp/amps
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The hiss is suggestive to me of a ground loop issue. Have you tried swapping out the ICBM's power supply for a different unit? As for the thump, I can't offer much, but for both I'd suggest a call or e-mail to Outlaw's support group.

#22740 - 12/13/05 07:44 AM Re: Hiss and noise with ICBM between preamp/amps
Jeffer65 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Wisconsin
Thnaks.
I messed around with it last night, and now I'm not too sure it is the ICBM. It sounds more like a combo of EMI/RF and ground loop.
Can you get EMI/RF interference from a TV antenna?

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts