Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#22562 - 03/08/04 03:57 PM ICBM - how it works
Adacat Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Seattle, WA
I've been using an ICBM for a couple of weeks now, and I'm not completely sold on it. I have it between my receiver and outboard amps. I purchased it because my Yamaha RXV1300 receiver only has 1 crossover choice - 100Hz. What I have read about the ICBM seems to imply that any signal below the crossover selected for that channel will be routed to the sub. Since there is a full LFE channel being input to the ICBM, due to the speakers being assigned "large with sub on", wouldn't that effectively cause the double-bass problem we're trying to get around? I'm sure I'm being dense here, and not seeing something obvious. Is the ICBM more that just a signal router?

#22563 - 03/13/04 12:17 PM Re: ICBM - how it works
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
There is no "double bass" created with the ICBM. The LFE channel is discrete and separate from the full range channels when it enters the ICBM, and the ICBM combines that signal (which was mixed specifically for the sub to play) with the low frequency data from the other speakers, removing that low frequency data from the signals being sent to the speakers.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts