Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#22399 - 01/30/03 01:05 AM icbm as body shaker crossover?
strulon Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

hello everyone, i was wondering this:
i am currently runing my icbm with a 5.1 system, i was considering using the surround back crossover channel to manage my body shakers under 50Hz, will the signal to my subs be overwhelmed with this extra sub signal?
thanks
fred

#22400 - 02/26/03 08:15 AM Re: icbm as body shaker crossover?
strulon Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

anyone has an idea?

#22401 - 02/26/03 06:18 PM Re: icbm as body shaker crossover?
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
From what I've read in the review of such "body-shaking" devices; They work best when crossedover (?) from the main Front L/R speakers. In another way, they don't just shake when there's a lot of bass present and you can also use one when you don't have the LFE channel present.

Try this site for reviews on "tactile sound transducers."
www.ecoustics.com

That being said, I don't quite understand your question. Where will this extra signal for your subs be coming from? If anything, it sounds like you would have less signal going to your subs. Maybe I'm just missing something.

#22402 - 03/17/03 05:03 AM Re: icbm as body shaker crossover?
strulon Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

hello jason, thanks for posting

so if i am running a 5.1 system, i dont need to use the surround back crossover

i want to use it to filter my shakers

so i am taking the LFE signal from my preamp and routing it to the surround back crossover
filtering it and sending the result to my shakers amp

and we know that in stereo-subs mode, the signal routed to the left sub is half the bass signal coming from the center speaker, the bass signal coming the left surround speaker, ... from the left main speaker and from the surround back speaker
ok?

so the left sub will receive the signal from my speakers + the signal from the LFE output of my preamp (in place of the surround back signal)

so my question was, will this extra signal (from the LFE needed for the shakers) be cumulate and act like a bass boost in fact or will it be integrated as the copy of the original LFE input of the ICBM

if anyone understands me...

thanks
fred

Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM